none
SCCM MDT TS: Rid me of BGINFO wallpaper! RRS feed

• Question

• My TS is closer to nirvana state, however I can't seem to figure out how to have it load my .wim and use the wallpaper I already had set for the local user (not administrator). It seems to be defaulting to the BGInfo wallpaper from the installation. Anyway to disable it? Thanks for helping the new guy!
    Friday, April 25, 2014 7:47 PM

Answers

• Tim I have seen this more times than I like. Verify that the wallpaper goes away after a reboot. If it does, the deployment guys have a script that will make your computer reboot AFTER the TS sequence is complete. This has always worked for me, and also gives me something that I love with MDT, but miss in SCCM. Check it out:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/deploymentguys/archive/2012/07/06/finish-actions-for-configuration-manager-osd.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Tim Dunbar Monday, April 28, 2014 3:26 PM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 1:48 PM

All replies

• Are you referring to the background images that show you what step of the process the task sequence is on? If so, from within your MDT task sequence, remove the "Set Status" steps. (There are five or six spread throughout the task sequence.)

-Nick O.

Friday, April 25, 2014 9:28 PM
  • Sorry Tim, you may need to be a little more specific. There are a few issues that float around in regards the SCCM status wallpaper. When first reading it I assumed you were talking about the issue where the status wallpaper shows up as the user's background on first login. Can you clarify?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, April 26, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. The MDT Task runs perfectly fine and loads my .wim just fine. Its when I boot up, and log in. It replaces the wallpaper I had set in my .wim file with the SCCM BGInfo wallpaper. I just want to use the wallpaper on the logins that I set when creating my .wim file.

Thanks for the help!

Monday, April 28, 2014 12:45 PM
  • Tim I have seen this more times than I like. Verify that the wallpaper goes away after a reboot. If it does, the deployment guys have a script that will make your computer reboot AFTER the TS sequence is complete. This has always worked for me, and also gives me something that I love with MDT, but miss in SCCM. Check it out:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/deploymentguys/archive/2012/07/06/finish-actions-for-configuration-manager-osd.aspx

• Marked as answer by Tim Dunbar Monday, April 28, 2014 3:26 PM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 1:48 PM
  • Wow. I was too busy looking into my TS steps, trying different things that I didn't even give it a simple reboot. The wallpaper I set in the .wim did return after a successful reboot. Thanks for your help!
    Monday, April 28, 2014 3:26 PM