none
Does FIM 2010 R2 SP-1 Supports windows SharePoint 3.0 SP-2 RRS feed

• Question

• As we have used the windows SharePoint 3.0 SP-2 for FIM 2010 R2. Can any one please confirm if  FIM 2010 R2 SP -1 will also support to windows SharePoint 3.0 SP-2.

Thanks

Harry

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes it's supported. SP1 simply added a support for newer version, but the WSS 3.0 SP1 is still suported

Regards,

Sylvain

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:28 AM
  • Thanks for you prompt response.

I am getting the below error in the event viewer and FIM portal is not opening. I am using the FIM 2010 R2 SP-1 and sharepoint 3.0 SP-2

The description for Event ID 8214 from source Windows SharePoint Services 3 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Thanks

Harry

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:31 PM
  • FIM was installed successfully and I was able to login on the FIM Portal.  After restarting the server, I am unable to login on FIM portal and getting the below error. However, I checked all the FIM services and SharePoint setting  are ok. Please suggest me.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:45 PM
  • 1. Make sure that you use the same account to log on to the portal as used to install.

2. Make sure that the service "fim service" is started

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:54 PM
  • Using the same account to login which is used for installation

FIM service is running

I  also reinstalled the FIM portal, but no luck.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Check your Kerberos settings:

• IIS
    • SPNs registered
    • Delegation for FIMPortal account and FIMService account

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:28 PM
  • Thanks for suggestion. Issue has been resolved. We have reinstalled the SharePoint and then install again FIM components. Now it is working fine.

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Robin Westgaard Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:25 PM
    Friday, May 2, 2014 6:30 AM