none
Bitlocker recovery cannot type letters RRS feed

Answers

• The recovery key is sometimes confused with the password. The recovery key is not your password and it consists of numbers only! You were forced to save or print that key when bitlocker was activated - please try to remember where you kept it.
    Friday, May 19, 2017 12:28 PM

All replies

• The recovery key is sometimes confused with the password. The recovery key is not your password and it consists of numbers only! You were forced to save or print that key when bitlocker was activated - please try to remember where you kept it.
    Friday, May 19, 2017 12:28 PM
  • I purchased my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series Model 3583 from Best Buy. I entered my username and created a password in order to begin using the laptop. I was not forced to activate bit lock, so I do not have the recovery key. I downloaded a Mcafee Antivirus 2019 and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019. Everything was fine for 10 days. Now when I enter my pin, a Windows Update Alert banner appears and the computer is frozen! I cannot run my antivirus because the screen freezes before I get it opened. The Geek Squad wants $145, Verison wants $120, and Microsoft OneSupport wants $149 to look at my computer. My brand new Dell with Microsoft is a money pit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Scott
    Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:05 PM