Hyperlink open file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to open file using hyperlinks?

I have a file in D drive (d:\test1.sql) and i want to open file in ssrs report using hyperlinks.

Note: File Paths are stored in database table.

Could you please do the needful for the same. 

Thanks,

Saturday, April 4, 2015 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Kiran Kuamr,

Per my understanding that you have some file in the D drive and you want to open this files when you click the hyperlinks in the SSRS report, right?

Did you mean that the file paths (hyperlink) is stored in the DB and will display as an field in the report, when you click on the hyperlink, it will link to the report in the D Driver?

As Harsh mentioned that you need to upload your file to the report manager which is a UNC path like "http://<serverName>/Reports", you cannot put it on a D:\ drive, it has to be a share since you want other people to get to it.

So, In your scenario, I suggest you to upload the file to the report manager and update these file path to the new one then add the "Go to URL" action on the field which you want to have the hyperlink that link to the path of the file.  In "Select URL"  of the "Go to URL" action, click the drop-down arrow and click the name of a field that contains a URL.

More details information about how to add the "Go to URL" action for your reference:
    Add a Hyperlink to a URL (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Vicky Liu

Vicky Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by BI_Support Sunday, April 5, 2015 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vicky_Liu Friday, April 10, 2015 12:57 AM
    Sunday, April 5, 2015 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Kiran, 

In order to access the file stored on report server, you can use direct path.

You need to use UNC Path \\servername\sharedPath\FileName.sql

and share the folder where the files resides.

Regards Harsh

Saturday, April 4, 2015 8:14 AM
  • Hi Kiran Kuamr,

Per my understanding that you have some file in the D drive and you want to open this files when you click the hyperlinks in the SSRS report, right?

Did you mean that the file paths (hyperlink) is stored in the DB and will display as an field in the report, when you click on the hyperlink, it will link to the report in the D Driver?

As Harsh mentioned that you need to upload your file to the report manager which is a UNC path like "http://<serverName>/Reports", you cannot put it on a D:\ drive, it has to be a share since you want other people to get to it.

So, In your scenario, I suggest you to upload the file to the report manager and update these file path to the new one then add the "Go to URL" action on the field which you want to have the hyperlink that link to the path of the file.  In "Select URL"  of the "Go to URL" action, click the drop-down arrow and click the name of a field that contains a URL.

More details information about how to add the "Go to URL" action for your reference:
    Add a Hyperlink to a URL (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Vicky Liu

Vicky Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by BI_Support Sunday, April 5, 2015 4:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vicky_Liu Friday, April 10, 2015 12:57 AM
    Sunday, April 5, 2015 4:08 PM