none
Project Server Permissions not applying unless Permission modes are cycled RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running Project Server 2013 with SharePoint Server 2013 on Windows 2008 R2, with SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2.  This is a two server farm. 

The Project Server Web App is running in SharePoint Permissions Mode

When I am creating or changing permissions inside of a Project 2013 Web App or inside of a Project 2013 Project  inside of the Project Web App or any object, task or list., the permission changes do not apply unless I toggle the from SharePoint Permission Mode, to Project Server Permission Mode and then back to SharePoint Permission mode.

Prior to the toggling of the permission mode, the change will not work, after the toggling, the changes work correctly. 

To change permissions I need to use a variation of this command listed below. Does anyone know what the cause of this could be and what I can use to correct this?

Set-SPProjectPermissionMode [-Url] <Uri> [-Mode] <SharePoint | ProjectServer | UninitializedSharePoint | UninitializedProjectServer> [[-AdministratorAccount] <String>] [-AssignmentCollection <SPAssignmentCollection>]

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:55 PM

All replies

• Can you be a bit more specifc about what you mean by "when I'm chaning permissions?" Changing permissions mode wipes out all permissions, so I am confused by your question.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:57 PM
  • My understanding is if you change from SharePoint to Project permission mode, then the SharePoint Permission mode permission not function but are not removed. If you cycle back they will function, however the Project server permissions are removed. Any change to permission add, grant, remove, etc to either a User, SharePoint or Active Directory Group requires the cycling of permission modes to work.
    Friday, June 14, 2013 10:33 PM