none
Analytic Charts - new window issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a set of Analytic Charts which all have custom MDX queries. When I create the charts with the custom MDX, I lose the ability to change the report type on the page in SharePoint.

However, I can click on the report title and the page will open in a new window. This is good, but there are some issues with the new window.

1. The first time the window opens, the menu bar showing the various report types is visible and useable. If I close the window and click again on the report title, the menu bar in no longer visible. Very annoying.

Selecting the 'Filter empty bottom axis' button also makes the menu bar disappear.

From my main window, if I select a different page, I can  then again get 1 new window with the menu bar visible.

2. The report legend is truncated when more items are sleected then can be displayed in the assigned area with no indication that the legend is not complete and no way to view the rest of the legend. This is true of the Analytic charts on the main page or in a new window.

3. This is a small complaint but when the new window opens the page title is 'Page 1'. The report name would be a better choice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1) When you try to customize the PPS report some of the features will be lost like the drill down capabilities and other features. I haven't faced this scenario.

2)Coming to the legend part, i assume that it is a tool limitation. The items in the legend are fixed.

3)You can rename the 'Page1' to the desired name you want. Inside the DD when you create a new dashboard, in the editor window you will find Pages. In that you can give the appropriate name to the page.

Please let me know if you have further clarifications.

regards,
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:22 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1) When you try to customize the PPS report some of the features will be lost like the drill down capabilities and other features. I haven't faced this scenario.

2)Coming to the legend part, i assume that it is a tool limitation. The items in the legend are fixed.

3)You can rename the 'Page1' to the desired name you want. Inside the DD when you create a new dashboard, in the editor window you will find Pages. In that you can give the appropriate name to the page.

Please let me know if you have further clarifications.

regards,
    Ram
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Thursday, April 16, 2009 5:22 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 11:06 AM
  • In Dashboard Designer, I have given the page a specific name on the dashboard and that name displays correctly when the page is viewed. When I open a new window with that page, the new window title is 'Page 1', not by the given page name.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 1:51 PM
  • Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the problem here. I am getting the title displayed instead of the 'Page 1' when i open in new window. Which version of PPS are you using??

Regards,
    Ram

Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:47 AM
  • I have PPS 2007 - Monitoring Server (64-bit) with
        SP1 (KB948060) and
        SP2 (KB958291)
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 1:14 PM