error code 80070005 on Messenger, os= windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• dear sir/ma'am.

i have a problem. i cant log on to my messenger. error code 80070005, i'm running windows 7. my messenger is the latest ver.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 4:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Go to Control Panel > User Accounts. 
    Manage Users Accounts > Advanced Tab
    Manage Password.
    Remove all of the passwords in the list.
    Shut down MSN Massanger and start it back up.
    You should be able to login now.

Found this on Vista Forum [ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/itprovistaapps/thread/ecd06db5-8c31-4ec5-b9e8-9435ac5a3607 ] - Try the above on Win 7. It should work.

C# Fan! ananda84(at)gmail(dot)com
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 10:28 AM
  • I have the same problem as you Cezar but the solution that you suggest Ananda does not stick up.
    since the routing you are suggesting is incorrect.
    I've looked around in the menus and tried to find a list of password, which is kinda funny cause I only have one user account on my computer ;P
    But anyhow I removed the admin/logon, shut down MSN Messenger and restarted it, but it still won't work.

ANy suggestions o what else to do or what I might have missed?
    Monday, November 9, 2009 6:46 PM

• Please use this link for your reference and let us if it helps :
    http://martinjknight.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/resolving-the-issue-of-those-using-msn-messenger-error-code-80072745/

Veeresh

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

• Proposed as answer by Veeresh-H Monday, November 9, 2009 9:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, November 20, 2009 3:49 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 9:44 PM