Trying out my old applications:the Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, Love the OS and I am searching for new ways to test it so I decided to just go for it and try to install some of my old applications. The result is that I am doing a new 7 install.
    What I tried:
    I wanted to try out Adode CS3,no go could not fin a certin dll file,not a problem Adobe said it woul not work anyway
    I could not get a Vista instructional Cd (from lynda.com) to play with Media player so I had the bright idea to install VLC from uberdownloads. As soon as I started the download my Norto virus protection (beta version) came up and said "you are one of the first to select this download we suggest you give us more time to check things out" Well Uberdownloads assured me that it was safe so I selected install. Norton would not give up,it repeatedly interupted the download so I selected stop the download. When the dust cleared VLC was installed but did not work and I could not access my browser or do anything online (like Rhapsody which does work perfectly). I thought I would manually remove VLC,no go I could not access control panel,things are getting bad I thought. I decided to do a system restore. It ran for about 15min but came back saying it could not perform a system restore. My OS reinstall is just about complete.

So I ask for tips on what Applications I can install and check-out. System specs AMD anthlon X2 250 (dual core 3.0ghz) 8gb DDR3 ASUS M4A78T-E motherboard,using onboard video for now.

New OS install just finished and I am back up running,until the next mess up Thanks
    Saturday, July 25, 2009 12:42 AM

Answers