none
Mapping network drive with error 1312 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys.

When I use the map network drive function with the below config in the company, it takes so long when connecting and finallly gave the error message: "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already terminated."

(which needs to connect is a server group and we use the domain name to access)

However if I checked the box "Reconnect at logon" and "Remember my credentials"(when entering user name and password), it could map the network drive successfully without error.

Also when using net use in command line, it gave the error missage with error code 1312.

Does anyone know what the root cause for this problem exactly is and could give a solution?

Since we need to use map network drive function in our program.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Season,

I have understood your issue. We consider the network access policy which called "Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentication" is enabled.

Please contact your local administrator, then disabled this group policy and check the issue again. The policy is under the path of "Computer Configuration" > "Windows Settings" > "Security Settings" > "Local Policies" > "Security Options". Then in the "Policy" pane, right click the policy and disable it.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:52 AM

All replies

• local saved credentials are not cached correctly? workstation not authenticating to the network?

your trying to connect to a domain joined server on a workgroup computer?

could be a lot of things. are you the local administrator of your company? 

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:04 PM
  • I'm not the local administrator of the company. And we are exactly trying to connect to a domain joined server on a workgroup computer. does this matter?  The credential might not be saved locally, I think.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:33 PM
  • Correct, when connecting to a domain joined server, it will expect the connector ( your workstation ) to be in that domain, and logged in with an account in that domain. It will then pass the credentials to the server and you will then be filtered through ACL of the shares on the server.

On a workgroup, you have no authority to connect to the server, the user account is not recognized by the server.

IF you want to create a network drive map on the workstation, you will have to specify a username and password and save those credentials. YourDomain\YourUsername + Password.

ONCE SAVED. if any changes are made to that account ( password reset/account disabled ) you will be unable to use that network drive until you enter valid credentials again.

Work with your Network Administrator of your company to further explain this to you.

Thank You,

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:40 PM
  • Hi Season,

I have understood your issue. We consider the network access policy which called "Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentication" is enabled.

Please contact your local administrator, then disabled this group policy and check the issue again. The policy is under the path of "Computer Configuration" > "Windows Settings" > "Security Settings" > "Local Policies" > "Security Options". Then in the "Policy" pane, right click the policy and disable it.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:52 AM