none
Project BCWP Issue

Question

• Hi 

I need timephased data for BCWP but same is not possible out of the box from Project Server Database. however same value can be seen in Task Usage sheet in MSP.

So we suggested customer to create 2 custom fields (Cost Type) with Rollup disable 1. Earned Value Current month and Earned Value Previous Month. these EV once copy from the Task Usage sheet to respective custom fields. Surprisingly values in Task Usage sheet gets change.

Can someone suggest if this is the known behaviour from MSP or not. and if not what can be done so that BCWP's value will not change in MSP's Task Usage Sheet 

Thanks, Parth

Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hahaha funny!!!

Found answer, had to write Macro which copies Data now.

Thanks, Parth

Thursday, May 5, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Wrote a small blog for this

Thanks, Parth

• Marked as answer by Parth Rawal Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:21 PM
    Thursday, May 5, 2016 1:21 PM
  • Hi Parth,

I need the BCWP and status date History values for EVM reporting.

The timephase values are seen in MS Project but not present in the database tables.

Your Blog does have good workaround for this but Could you please let me know how does MS Project store and retrieve these BCWP values for each day in MS Project desktop without storing them in Database tables? Or are these values accessible through Project Server API?

Regards,

Agasthya

• Edited by Agasthya.S.P Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:10 AM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:43 AM
  • I have the same question as yours : how to get BCWP values for each day in the Project Server or Online database ? Since there is no historical data saved, I guess that that Project Pro in Task Usage view cut each task everyday into a day BCWP which is today % physical complete x TaskBCWP / number of days of the task.

Do you approve this calculation ?  How did you managed with Microsoft Project DB flaw ? Did you had a look to Lavinski blog on EVM report ?

Didier Maignan | http://www.e-labor.fr

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:00 AM