Personal Regional Settings Corrupting Dates RRS feed

• Question

• Working with a PWA instance that spans several regions - Currently the environment is configured for the US.  However, some users want to change to the UK regional settings.  I've read that you can do this by selecting My Settings (upper-right hand corner of PWA Ribbon) -> My Regional Settings -> untick "Always follow web settings" and select the appropriate Locale (in this case, "English (United Kingdom)").  However, I've noticed that changing this setting completely corrupts some dates.  For instance, in a SharePoint list, the date value for a particular item changes from 31-Oct-2017 (correct) to 10-Jul-2019 (incorrect).  When I edit the list item, I see that the date is stored as 31/10/2017.  No idea how SharePoint is getting 10-Jul-2019 from that.  Any thoughts? Querying the database returns a value of '2017-10-31 00:00:00.000'

I've verified that this corruption only occurs with SharePoint list dates.  Any dates stored at the project level (Project Detail Pages) display correctly regardless of regional setting.  In the SharePoint lists, I also noticed that dates originally appear in a different format (e.g. 11/6/2013) for a split second before being transformed into the display format (e.g. 06-Nov-2013).  What could be happening here?

Thanks!

• Edited by TimeBomb006 Friday, June 5, 2015 7:03 PM Additional detail
    Friday, June 5, 2015 6:44 PM