none
Using Group Policy with BIND server as primary DNS

Question

• We recently acquired a company where much of the infrastructure is running Debian Linux but its web services run IIS. The windows servers were previously only part of a work group. We created a domain for them and would like to manage them through AD. So far things have been fine, but today I realized that Group Policy is failing to apply. After doing some tests I realized it was due to DHCP using a bind server as primary DNS. The Bind server is important because it resolves traffic to other non-windows domains configured via LDAP across a couple other data centers. We have a Virtual IP that is load balanced between 2 servers set as the primary DNS server. I then have the PDC set as the secondary.

My question is why isn't the secondary resolving Group Policy properly? I am assuming that I need to add some specific SRV records to the BIND server, but I have been unable to find what I should enter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rich

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:33 PM

Answers

All replies