SLSShareDynamicLogging and SLSShare not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I have set up a new environment for my MDT and I have added the two string directly on "Rules tab" 

SLSShareDynamicLogging=\\YourOwnComputerName\DeploymentShare$\Logs
    SLSShare=\\YourOwnComputerName\DeploymentShare$\Logs

Right now I'm using the latest MDT Version 8450 and Window ADK for window 10 1809 version.
    I have share the DeploymentShare$ to everyone and create the Logs Folder on my E:\Drive as I set up my Deployment share on E:\.
    I have also off the firewall on both client machine and my MDT server and used a test machine to verify I can access the share folder at 
    \\YourOwnComputerName\DeploymentShare$\Logs. 
    but I'm unable to generate any log file during deployment. 
    can you guide me where to check next? or is there any require setting needed?

Anyone tested this latest version MDT that can support these 2 strings? or there is a bug? 

• Edited by Chang Hian Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:54 PM
    Tuesday, December 18, 2018 1:23 PM

All replies

• To test if NTFS perms, try setting NTFS permissions on Logs folder to Everyone as well (or at least Domain Users) see if that makes a difference
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 9:06 PM
  • My first suggestion is don't use DynamicLogging at all, unless you are trying to troubleshoot a problem and logs aren't being created because the task sequence never finishes. It's really only for bebugging and shouldn't be used for normal log creation.

As mentioned check the permissions to your Log share. Can you map to that path and access it from another computer? Make sure the sharing permissions is set to Everyone and check the box for change and read. Then in Security set the ACL permissions for the account or accounts you want to have access to the share.

Daniel Vega

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 5:02 PM