Exchange 2007 & Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am investigating an issue where Outlook 2007 clients are not successfully updating the GAL when changes have been made to the GAL.

Please can you advise what I need to do to troubleshoot the issue and how this can be potentially resolved

Regards

Monday, January 9, 2012 11:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Perform the following things and check whether these helps:

1. Update the GAL with the cmdlet: Get-GlobalAddressList | Update-GlobalAddressList

2. Update OAB with the cmdlet: Get-OfflineAddressBook | Update-OfflineAddressBook. Then Restart the File Distribution Service (Outlook 2007 users get OAB update every 8 hours only)

3. Download the OAB changes from server in Outlook-> Tools -> Send/Receive -> Download Address Book -> Make sure Download Full Details is checked -> Ok -> Wait for download.

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info | www.blog.windowsadmin.info
    Monday, January 9, 2012 12:10 PM
  • Checked Both Servers in the CCR

Checked the Active and Passive Nodes

They both have the same Offline Address Book configured with the same settings.

Looked at the C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\OAB\<guid>

The date stamp on the OAB file has not changed for some time

When looking at the event log I get the following Events

EventID 9395

OALGen is running on a cluster continuous replication (CCR) node which does not have registry value 'SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeSA\Parameters\EXCHANGE\EnableOabGenOnThisNode' or it is not set to this node name. Offline address book generation will not be performed.

EventID 9334

OALGen encountered error ffffffff while initializing the offline address list generation process. No offline address lists have been generated. Please check the event log for more information.

- /o=MS Exchange/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=PSR Offline Address Book

How can we force the Offline GAL to update

Monday, January 9, 2012 12:17 PM
  • Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:28 AM
  • Hello,

Is there any update?

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:30 AM