More detail on the test cases RRS feed

• Question

•    Where can I find more detail on each specific test case that the Software Logo Toolkit runs?  I have a few that contain warnings which I would like to correct. Specific ones I'm looking for are under "Support multiuser sessions".

Thanks,
    Anthony
    Friday, November 13, 2009 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Anthony,

You could drop your issues to the Windows Logo mailbox, they could probably assist you better there.
    SWLogo@Microsoft.com

Daniel
    • Proposed as answer by dgrund Monday, November 16, 2009 8:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:17 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 8:47 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

You can find Windows 7 Logo program details here - Windows 7 Logo Program

If you are seeing warnings in XML report then warnings need not to be fixed at this point in time, you can always ignore the warnings. However, we suggest you to look into the impact of the warnings. But, if there are any failures, then those need to be fixed.

It would also be great, if you can send XML report to us, so that we can analyze and suggest you further on this.

You can always contact swlogo@microsoft.com for any clarification on Windows Vista/7 Logo certification. Team will assist you within 24 hours.

Hope above information helps.

Pooja Katiyar
    • Proposed as answer by Pooja.Katiyar Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pooja.Katiyar Monday, November 23, 2009 1:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Anthony,

The test program points to;
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383490(VS.85).aspx

Have you followed the guidelines there?

Daniel
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 12:07 PM
  • I have looked over that, but I was hoping to find something a little more detailed on each test case and what tests are performed. Something similar to what was done for Vista testing.

That link outlines how to deal with Remote Desktop Services, but doesn't specifically talk about the Win7 test cases. Also our product already handles this so I'm actually surprised to see warnings in this section. Plus the previous version of our product was Vista Certified, so this all worked.

Anthony
    Monday, November 16, 2009 1:55 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

You could drop your issues to the Windows Logo mailbox, they could probably assist you better there.
    SWLogo@Microsoft.com

Daniel
    • Proposed as answer by dgrund Monday, November 16, 2009 8:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:17 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 8:47 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

You can find Windows 7 Logo program details here - Windows 7 Logo Program

If you are seeing warnings in XML report then warnings need not to be fixed at this point in time, you can always ignore the warnings. However, we suggest you to look into the impact of the warnings. But, if there are any failures, then those need to be fixed.

It would also be great, if you can send XML report to us, so that we can analyze and suggest you further on this.

You can always contact swlogo@microsoft.com for any clarification on Windows Vista/7 Logo certification. Team will assist you within 24 hours.

Hope above information helps.

Pooja Katiyar
    • Proposed as answer by Pooja.Katiyar Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pooja.Katiyar Monday, November 23, 2009 1:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 11:28 AM
  • I will email the logo team later today. I'm just creating another build and will run the test again and send in that report.

I am aware that the warnings do not need to be corrected, but if I can easily fix them, then why not. :)

Thanks,
    Anthony
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:40 PM