none
SharePoint migration Tool credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We are migrating from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint online. This migration is done for a carve out of an organization.
    The source credentials (SharePoint 2013) are different to the SharePoint online credentials as there is no AD sync available.
    We can enter the source credentials but not the destination credentials. We would except that these credentials are already there as we login at the tool with these credentials.

When we migratie from the source to the destination we receive the error that the user is not authorized. It shows the user of the source environment. Is there are way to force alternative destination credentials? The logging doesn't show any information were the user is unauthorized. A file share to SharePoint online migration is working fine but we want to preserve versioning to download the files the file share and then migrate to SharePoint online is not an option.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:22 AM

All replies

• On the Destination SP Online Site collection, Are you able to login in browser and what is the access level. Make sure account that you use to Authenticate on the Destination site collection should have "Site Collection Admin" rights. 

Priti Arya

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:08 AM
  • I'm able to login at SharePoint online. Site collection admin permissions.

File Share migration to SharePoint online is working correctly. But from SharePoint On-Premises it seems like it want to use the source credentials at destination.

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Are you trying to migrate from on prem to online using any third party tool? Also when you start the migration process do you also select the User Migration? 

Priti Arya

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 11:46 AM
  • I use the SharePoint migration Tool. No user permission or user mapping migration
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:16 PM
  • https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigration/how-to-use-the-sharepoint-migration-tool 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigration/understanding-permissions-when-migrating 

Priti Arya

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Already read it. Doesn't help me solve the issue. When I use a trial version of ShareGate it works.
    Also did create SPM script. Same error, even when I specify different credentials for the source and destination.

Friday, January 4, 2019 12:33 PM
  • Same problem here. We do have two O365-tenants: One official that I can use with my company-account and another one that is only for test and uses other credentials (@company-name.test.onmicrosoft.com).

When starting the tool it asks for my company credentials (NOT test-environment-credentials) when selecting the source (SP2013). When selecting the destination it automatically detects the company-0365-tenant. I can then enter another destination-URL, but then it says that I have no permissions (company-account wants to migrate to company-test-tenant).

Please Microsoft have this fixed...

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:52 AM
  • I experience similar issue, But we used some third party tool and it did not support MFA Account. Please try to test with Non MFA account and see if that make any difference 

Priti Arya

• Edited by Priti Arya Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:43 PM Small Correction
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:42 PM