Add Custom user fields in received messages - Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a method to have the email address displayed on all the received messages. Since the mail comes in with only the name, chances of mail spoofing happens. Hence I need a custom user field to display the email message in a textbox so that the end user can see and validate the id. I need help to either modify the default template to include the field or use a custom form when opening the message.
    All references in the Internet provide solutions to use custom forms to compose new email, but not for reading on replying.
    If someone can throw some light in getting this achieved either using the default outlook options or using Outlook VBA,  it will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Senthil
    Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Senthil,

As far as I know, there is no easy way to deploy a custom reading form for emails to all users. What you want to achieve is easy to do for a separate end user (See this article), but it's a lot of work if you want to set this for all users in your environment.

You may check whether the following article provide any help in this situation:

http://www.itprotoday.com/management-mobility/showing-senders-email-address

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Besides, since we are not the best resource for coding, if you would like to achieve this via VBA, I'd recommend you post a new question to the Outlook for Developers forum to confirm whether this is possible:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, November 30, 2017 9:53 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 6:29 AM