none
Enterprise Site Discovery for Windows 8.1 IE 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade Windows 7 to windows 8.1. As a task before upgrade, we following Microsoft article to deploy Enterprise Site Discovery to collect necessary IE information.

Collect data using Enterprise Site Discovery

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn833204.aspx

In the link above, Microsoft provided SCCM Report Sample – ActiveX.rdll and SCCM Report Sample – Site Discovery.rdl. I have imported the two templates to SQL reporting service but getting error when generating report.

My questions is if I need to modify SCCM Report Sample – ActiveX.rdll and SCCM Report Sample – Site Discovery.rdl. or I can direct import the templates  and generate reporting after connecting to correct datasoure.

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,

Robert Li
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

Thank you for your question.

The example is for “SCCM Report Sample – ActiveX.rdll and SCCM Report Sample – Site Discovery.rdl” working with SCCM. As my concerned, we should modify them, then import SQL. The more details we could re-post this case to SQL forum.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

Thank you for your question.

The example is for “SCCM Report Sample – ActiveX.rdll and SCCM Report Sample – Site Discovery.rdl” working with SCCM. As my concerned, we should modify them, then import SQL. The more details we could re-post this case to SQL forum.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 1:22 AM
  • hi Jim,

I am getting mixed information, the official TechNet article doesn't stipulate that the machines will restart or a force logoff if you run the powershell script for (IETelemetrySetUp.ps1).

Reading the script comments, it is noted that a forced logoff will happen when the powershell script is deployed.

from your experience, after running (deploy via SCCM) the powershell script, will the machines logoff automatically?

thanks

Ruaan

Monday, February 8, 2016 3:24 AM