none
Slipstreaming SP3 with MCE 2005

Question

• I have tried slipstreaming SP3 (RTM) into a MCE 2005 share and ran into problems testing out the install.
    I noticed It replaces the medctroc.in_ (medctroc.inf) file with the XP Pro version.

After slipstreaming I tried replacing the medctroc.in_ and medctroc.dl_ files with the original files from the cd.
    During the setup it asked for napclientprov.mof. If I press cancel it does not install the media center components.
    Is it possible to slipstream SP3 into MCE 2005? If so how should it be done?
    Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Slipstreaming into MCE 2005 is not supported.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:36 PM
  •  Chris Keroack [MSFT] wrote:

Slipstreaming into MCE 2005 is not supported.

Which is beyond stupid and your response is just not sufficient Chris. I do not know what MS was thinking here. Simply put, release a service pack that will support this or give us an option to download an image with it streamlined. I'm not very pleased with really the only right way to do this being that I have to install with an original MCE disk and then do the updates. I guess since MCE isn't a corporate OS you basically just said "screw them" to those of use that use MCE and have customers that use MCE. I'm pretty tired of the current MS model for doing business. As both a partner and a stockholder I am definitely not pleased with Balmer's guidance.

Friday, August 8, 2008 8:56 AM
  •  SPRINGSTEEL wrote:

I have discovered a way to slipstream xp media center with SP3 : 

Given the issues with this it really isn't a viable option.

Friday, August 8, 2008 8:58 AM
  •  SPRINGSTEEL wrote:

Woofa: Who are you to tell people whats viable? It might not be a good solution for you but could be for someone else. I've had no problems with my slipstreamed version becouse I can't stand Amanda (Windows Dancer) and dont miss her. For you becouse you like Amanda, try automating your install and use "run once" to apply SP3 automatically during XP setup. It takes 10 extra minutes with no user interaction and it's mother approved.

Wow, nice edit job. When you first posted this last night you didn't have such an attitude in this post. IT'S NOT VIABLE since it's not a PROPER slipstream. That's my opinion and I have every right to it. You make assumptions about what I want. Amanda, I guess that's one of the dancers? I wouldn't know. It doesn't do a PROPER complete slipstream as it should being a Microsoft product that should have been properly supported.. Sheesh. Was that you I had to not approve for my MSN Messenger right after your post? Did I hurt your feelings because I didn't? Maybe you shouldn't drink and post? I don't know what your issue is but I have every bit as much right to say that your hack solution isn't viable as you do for thinking it does. You opinion is more important than mine? Hardly. A viable solution is for Microsoft to deal with this in a proper manner. Mother approved? LOL, wtf is that supposed to mean? Now don't go kick your dog because you wanted to give a bunch of attitude to me. Fine, it's viable for someone else that doesn't care about the issues. Now grow up and refrain from going off on someone who has every right to have an opinion of a hacked and incomplete solution. BTW, why do you take it so personal? It's MS that screwed the pooch here. There should be a proper MS solution for a fully complete MCE 2005 slipstream, end of story.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 7:03 AM
  • Some more coffee, anyone?

Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:51 AM
  • It doesn't even appear to be a slipstreaming only issue...a number of people w/ MCE 2005 who just installed the SP3 update (which Windows Update PUSHES to them now) alone have said they lost Extender capabilities and a few other issues.  When one person contacted MS tech support, they were told SP3 wasn't even fully tested by MS with MCE 2005...???  While questionable, if THAT'S the case, SP3 shouldn't even allow installation on MCE.

Furthermore, it seems rather pitiful that MS apparently released MCE 2005 as discs w/ MCE 2004 AND 2005 files where the installer INF/INI pulls the newer files...the MCE 2004 files shouldn't even be on the media in the first place.  That's some pretty sloppy organization.
    Monday, September 8, 2008 11:13 AM
  • Yes, Microsoft has said in the past that they want users to not be able to tell they're running on different editions of Windows for the most part, hence with XP SP2 they made the boot screen the same for Home, Pro and MCE editions, yet they make MCE so sloppy or impossible to update.  Now even with Vista's MCE component, they're beginning to diverge since they created an update to the Media Center itself but isn't planning on releasing it publicly.  They're only giving it to OEMs to incorporate into their MCE installations.  We'll see what happens once Vista SP2 comes out, but supposedly Windows 7 will be out in 2009 (?) so once again (like with SP3 for XP) they won't care so much if the MCE customers get left without a chair to sit in, as they're attitude is solely that we should just immediately upgrade to the next Windows.
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:28 AM
  •  

Hey Gyes, r u interested in XP SP3 + MCE 2005 till today? THEN Heres the solution

At first I want to say that Slipstreaming SP3 into XP MCE 2005 is ALMOST supported, but we have to hack somethings.

First combine your MCE Disk 1 & 2 into a folder.

Locate medctroc.in_, mediactr.ca_, medctr.dl_ ( u may also copy the txtsetup.sif for a fresh reference ) into the i386 folder, copy them to another location, u may also think about plus & sonic but feel free, they will not be modified by SP3.

Use nlite to integrate sp3, then go to the location where you put the three files. Just copy them to the i386 directory back, confirm replacing.

Open up txtsetup.sif with notepad sure that medctroc.in_, mediactr.ca_, medctr.dl_ are placed on it, use windiff to compare the fresh and the slipstreamed txtsetup.sif for plus.* and sonic.*, make necessary changes to slipstreamed sp3.

Download Update Rollup 2(october 2006 edition).

Download windows Media Player 10, make 2 folders in your C: drive named I386 and WMP10TMP, rename the wmp10 installer to MP10Setup.exe. BE SURE ABOUT CREATING FOLDER & RENAMING THE INSTALLER< IT'S IMPORTANT.

##TITLE WMP 10 Slipstreamer V1.1 - By Bashrat the Sneaky
    @ECHO OFF
    REM
    REM
    REM
    REM #####################################################################
    REM # #
    REM # Copyright Bâshrat the Sneaky 2005 #
    REM # #
    REM # http://www.BTSunattended.net #
    REM # #
    REM # BashratTheSneaky@BTSunattended.net #
    REM # #
    REM
    REM
    REM
    REM =======================
    REM Folders, commands and other
    REM _______________________
    SET P=C:\WMP10TMP
    SET OUT=C:\I386
    SET C=MAKECAB /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 /L %OUT% %P%\
    SET TotalSteps=3

IF EXIST %P% RD %P%
    IF EXIST %OUT% RD %OUT%
    COLOR 0A

CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO This batch file will help you slipstreaming Windows Media Player 10!
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO The batch file does steps 1 and 2 on its own. You have to do step 3 yourself: moving the files to your UWXPCD and editing the HIVEDEF.INF file.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    PAUSE

IF NOT EXIST MP10Setup.exe GOTO ERR

CLS
    TITLE 1/%TotalSteps% Extracting MP10Setup.exe to %P%...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO 1/%TotalSteps% Extracting MP10Setup.exe to %P%...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    START /WAIT MP10Setup.exe /C /Q /T:%P%
    ECHO.
    ECHO Complete!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE

CLS
    TITLE 2/%TotalSteps% Moving the files to %OUT% and compressing them on the fly...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO 2/%TotalSteps% Moving the files to %OUT% and compressing them on the fly...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Starting... 61 files have to be compressed...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%wmplayer.adm
    %C%asferror.dll
    %C%blackbox.dll
    %C%CEWMDM.dll
    %C%custsat.dll
    %C%DRMClien.dll
    %C%DrmStor.dll
    %C%drmv2clt.dll
    %C%LAPRXY.DLL
    %C%mpvis.DLL
    %C%msnetobj.dll
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 50 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%MsPMSNSv.dll
    %C%MsPMSP.dll
    %C%msscp.dll
    %C%MSWMDM.dll
    %C%qasf.dll
    %C%WMADMOD.DLL
    %C%WMADMOE.DLL
    %C%WMASF.DLL
    %C%WMDMLOG.dll
    %C%WMDMPS.dll
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 40 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%wmerror.dll
    %C%wmidx.dll
    %C%WMNetMgr.dll
    %C%wmp.dll
    %C%wmpasf.dll
    %C%wmpband.dll
    %C%wmpcd.dll
    %C%wmpcore.dll
    %C%wmpdxm.dll
    %C%wmploc.DLL
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 30 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%wmpshell.dll
    %C%wmpui.dll
    %C%WMSDMOD.DLL
    %C%WMSDMOE2.DLL
    %C%WMSPDMOD.DLL
    %C%WMSPDMOE.DLL
    %C%WMVCORE.DLL
    %C%WMVDMOD.DLL
    %C%WMVDMOE2.DLL
    %C%logagent.exe
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 20 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%migrate.exe
    %C%setup_wm.exe
    %C%unregmp2.exe
    %C%wmplayer.exe
    %C%wmp.ocx
    %C%Plylst1.wpl
    %C%Plylst10.wpl
    %C%Plylst11.wpl
    %C%Plylst12.wpl
    %C%Plylst13.wpl
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 10 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%Plylst14.wpl
    %C%Plylst15.wpl
    %C%Plylst2.wpl
    %C%Plylst3.wpl
    %C%Plylst4.wpl
    %C%Plylst5.wpl
    %C%Plylst6.wpl
    %C%Plylst7.wpl
    %C%Plylst8.wpl
    %C%Plylst9.wpl
    IF EXIST %P% RD /S /Q %P%
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Complete!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    CLS
    TITLE 3/%TotalSteps% Now it's up to you...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO 3/%TotalSteps% Now it's up to you...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO A) First of all move the folder %OUT% to the root of your UWXPCD. When you are asked to overwrite files, click Yes.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO  Now you have to edit the I386\HIVEDEF.INF file:
    ECHO.
    ECHO Add the following line under the section [AddReg]:
    ECHO.
    ECHO HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","AcceptedPrivacyStatement",0x00010003,1
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Complete! Windows Media Player 10 is now completely slipstreamed!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    CLS
    TITLE Credits
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Fully created by Bâshrat the Sneaky. (2005)
    ECHO.
    ECHO Download it at www.BTSunattended.net
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO With thanks to:
    ECHO ---------------
    ECHO.
    ECHO - Obliviator, for providing all information I needed to make this batch file.
    ECHO.
    ECHO - jcarle, for explaining me I could shorten this batch file.
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    EXIT

:ERR
    CLS
    TITLE ERROR: MP10SETUP.EXE COULD NOT BE FOUND!
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO MP10Setup.exe could not be found! Please place this batchfile in the same folder as MP10Setup.exe!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    EXIT##

copy the above entry between two ## & ## (Do not add ## & ##) in notpad save this file as wmpslip.cmd, put this file also in your C: drive, at last it will say you for adding some entries to a file HIVESYS.INF. DON'T DO THIS, nLite WILL DO THIS FOR YOU.

Copy all items of C:\I386 folder to your slipstreamed sp3 location, confirm replace.

Integrate Update Rollup 2 with nlite, it may fail to integrate some items just ignore it. But be sure to integrate KB900325 & wmfdist95.

Then just make a bootable media run setup, when it completes u will get Windows XP media Center Edition 2005(3.0) SP3.

Plus and Sonic dont work!, just download the NR_MCE_Installer_Addon_b2.rar from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5939 unrar it, run NR_IT make sure that the windows cd/dvd is in the cd/dvd drive. AND U ARE DONE.

To use wmp11 install .net framework 1.1 sp1 then install Update Rollup 2.

Finally Image Your System Drive with WAIK to install it in less time and frequently(OPTIONAL).

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:40 AM
  • @ SPRINGSTEEL, u are ok, but i argue with you on some points. I haven't to integrate wmfdst 9.5 with nLite.

I can do it easily by {wmfdist95.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:"wmsetsdk.exe /WMFDIST /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore"} this {} command. Again u are right the actual file is kb900325, I can easily install it by {kb900325.exe /q /n /z /o} this {} command. Again this WILL NOT MAKE THE JOB DONE. If u install .netfx 1.1 sp1, install kb900325,media center will be installed, but U CAN'T INSTALL WMP11, u need to install the full Update rollup 2. The last point i ran the addon silently at runonceex period and it was install plus & sonic components. These will not be installed normally even u made the changes to txtsetup.sif. And in my case ADDON-b2 didn't crash!

Saturday, September 20, 2008 6:31 PM
  • Slipstreaming is not possible in XP MediaCenter Edition. If It's slipstreamed, it becomes XP Professional. The latest version of XP Mediacenter is 2005. However, you can try adding some patches in the installation disc. I've tried it and I succeeded. All the best!
    Monday, March 9, 2009 4:36 PM
  • Slipstreaming is not possible in XP MediaCenter Edition. If It's slipstreamed, it becomes XP Professional. The latest version of XP Mediacenter is 2005. However, you can try adding some patches in the installation disc. I've tried it and I succeeded. All the best!
    Monday, March 9, 2009 4:37 PM
  • How to slipstream XP MCE 2005:1

1. Browse i386 folder of disk one and copy three files:  "MEDCTROC.DL_" "MEDCTROC.IN_" "MEDIACTR.CA_"  to wherever you want to store them.  Also copy "SYSOC.IN_" for Digital Media Enhancments. 

2. Copy contents of disk one to an empty folder.

3. slipstream disk one with the service pack.

4. Copy the first three files you saved "MEDCTROC.DL_" "MEDCTROC.IN_" "MEDIACTR.CA_" to i386 in the folder with disk one.

5. Copy the contents of disk two to the same folder as disk one.

6. Done

To enjoy all the features of media center, make sure you also install net framework 1.1, net framwork 1.1 service pack 1 and media center update rollup 2 (KB900325) and a DVD decoder or codec pack.

7. Once you install the system you can enable Windows Digital Media Enhancements by coying the file "SYSOC.IN_" from i386 folder of disk one and extracting it to the X:WINDOWS\inf folder. Go to add or remove programs from the control panel and select enable - disable windows features. Select Windows Digital Media Enhancements for windows dancer, Davinci theme and other PLUS features.
    Browse for the Plus cab from disk two when it prompts you.

• Proposed as answer by Ex-Brit2009 Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:56 PM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:36 AM
  •  

Hey Gyes, r u interested in XP SP3 + MCE 2005 till today? THEN Heres the solution

At first I want to say that Slipstreaming SP3 into XP MCE 2005 is ALMOST supported, but we have to hack somethings.

First combine your MCE Disk 1 & 2 into a folder.

Locate medctroc.in_, mediactr.ca_, medctr.dl_ ( u may also copy the txtsetup.sif for a fresh reference ) into the i386 folder, copy them to another location, u may also think about plus & sonic but feel free, they will not be modified by SP3.

Use nlite to integrate sp3, then go to the location where you put the three files. Just copy them to the i386 directory back, confirm replacing.

Open up txtsetup.sif with notepad sure that medctroc.in_, mediactr.ca_, medctr.dl_ are placed on it, use windiff to compare the fresh and the slipstreamed txtsetup.sif for plus.* and sonic.*, make necessary changes to slipstreamed sp3.

Download Update Rollup 2(october 2006 edition).

Download windows Media Player 10, make 2 folders in your C: drive named I386 and WMP10TMP, rename the wmp10 installer to MP10Setup.exe. BE SURE ABOUT CREATING FOLDER & RENAMING THE INSTALLER< IT'S IMPORTANT.

##TITLE WMP 10 Slipstreamer V1.1 - By Bashrat the Sneaky
    @ECHO OFF
    REM
    REM
    REM
    REM # #
    REM # Copyright Bâshrat the Sneaky 2005 #
    REM # #
    REM # http://www.BTSunattended.net #
    REM # #
    REM # BashratTheSneaky@BTSunattended.net #
    REM # #
    REM
    REM
    REM
    REM Folders, commands and other
    REM _______________________
    SET P=C:\WMP10TMP
    SET OUT=C:\I386
    SET C=MAKECAB /D CompressionType=LZX /D CompressionMemory=21 /L %OUT% %P%\
    SET TotalSteps=3

IF EXIST %P% RD %P%
    IF EXIST %OUT% RD %OUT%
    COLOR 0A

CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO This batch file will help you slipstreaming Windows Media Player 10!
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO The batch file does steps 1 and 2 on its own. You have to do step 3 yourself: moving the files to your UWXPCD and editing the HIVEDEF.INF file.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    PAUSE

IF NOT EXIST MP10Setup.exe GOTO ERR

CLS
    TITLE 1/%TotalSteps% Extracting MP10Setup.exe to %P%...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO 1/%TotalSteps% Extracting MP10Setup.exe to %P%...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    START /WAIT MP10Setup.exe /C /Q /T:%P%
    ECHO.
    ECHO Complete!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE

CLS
    TITLE 2/%TotalSteps% Moving the files to %OUT% and compressing them on the fly...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO 2/%TotalSteps% Moving the files to %OUT% and compressing them on the fly...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Starting... 61 files have to be compressed...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%wmplayer.adm
    %C%asferror.dll
    %C%blackbox.dll
    %C%CEWMDM.dll
    %C%custsat.dll
    %C%DRMClien.dll
    %C%DrmStor.dll
    %C%drmv2clt.dll
    %C%LAPRXY.DLL
    %C%mpvis.DLL
    %C%msnetobj.dll
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 50 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%MsPMSNSv.dll
    %C%MsPMSP.dll
    %C%msscp.dll
    %C%MSWMDM.dll
    %C%qasf.dll
    %C%WMADMOD.DLL
    %C%WMADMOE.DLL
    %C%WMASF.DLL
    %C%WMDMLOG.dll
    %C%WMDMPS.dll
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 40 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%wmerror.dll
    %C%wmidx.dll
    %C%WMNetMgr.dll
    %C%wmp.dll
    %C%wmpasf.dll
    %C%wmpband.dll
    %C%wmpcd.dll
    %C%wmpcore.dll
    %C%wmpdxm.dll
    %C%wmploc.DLL
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 30 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%wmpshell.dll
    %C%wmpui.dll
    %C%WMSDMOD.DLL
    %C%WMSDMOE2.DLL
    %C%WMSPDMOD.DLL
    %C%WMSPDMOE.DLL
    %C%WMVCORE.DLL
    %C%WMVDMOD.DLL
    %C%WMVDMOE2.DLL
    %C%logagent.exe
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 20 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%migrate.exe
    %C%setup_wm.exe
    %C%unregmp2.exe
    %C%wmplayer.exe
    %C%wmp.ocx
    %C%Plylst1.wpl
    %C%Plylst10.wpl
    %C%Plylst11.wpl
    %C%Plylst12.wpl
    %C%Plylst13.wpl
    CLS
    ECHO.
    ECHO 10 files left to compress...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    %C%Plylst14.wpl
    %C%Plylst15.wpl
    %C%Plylst2.wpl
    %C%Plylst3.wpl
    %C%Plylst4.wpl
    %C%Plylst5.wpl
    %C%Plylst6.wpl
    %C%Plylst7.wpl
    %C%Plylst8.wpl
    %C%Plylst9.wpl
    IF EXIST %P% RD /S /Q %P%
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Complete!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    CLS
    TITLE 3/%TotalSteps% Now it's up to you...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO 3/%TotalSteps% Now it's up to you...
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO A) First of all move the folder %OUT% to the root of your UWXPCD. When you are asked to overwrite files, click Yes.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO  Now you have to edit the I386\HIVEDEF.INF file:
    ECHO.
    ECHO Add the following line under the section [AddReg]:
    ECHO.
    ECHO HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences","AcceptedPrivacyStatement",0x00010003,1
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Complete! Windows Media Player 10 is now completely slipstreamed!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    CLS
    TITLE Credits
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO Fully created by Bâshrat the Sneaky. (2005)
    ECHO.
    ECHO Download it at www.BTSunattended.net
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO With thanks to:
    ECHO ---------------
    ECHO.
    ECHO - Obliviator, for providing all information I needed to make this batch file.
    ECHO.
    ECHO - jcarle, for explaining me I could shorten this batch file.
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    EXIT

:ERR
    CLS
    TITLE ERROR: MP10SETUP.EXE COULD NOT BE FOUND!
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO.
    ECHO MP10Setup.exe could not be found! Please place this batchfile in the same folder as MP10Setup.exe!
    ECHO.
    PAUSE
    EXIT##

copy the above entry between two ## & ## (Do not add ## & ##) in notpad save this file as wmpslip.cmd, put this file also in your C: drive, at last it will say you for adding some entries to a file HIVESYS.INF. DON'T DO THIS, nLite WILL DO THIS FOR YOU.

Copy all items of C:\I386 folder to your slipstreamed sp3 location, confirm replace.

Integrate Update Rollup 2 with nlite, it may fail to integrate some items just ignore it. But be sure to integrate KB900325 & wmfdist95.

Then just make a bootable media run setup, when it completes u will get Windows XP media Center Edition 2005(3.0) SP3.

Plus and Sonic dont work!, just download the NR_MCE_Installer_Addon_b2.rar from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5939  unrar it, run NR_IT make sure that the windows cd/dvd is in the cd/dvd drive. AND U ARE DONE.

To use wmp11 install .net framework 1.1 sp1 then install Update Rollup 2.

Finally Image Your System Drive with WAIK to install it in less time and frequently(OPTIONAL).

to get sonic and plus to work follow this:: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/a65119ea-f503-40c1-9f5b-0fbc995105c8 then add wmp10 as described above... works great
    Friday, February 18, 2011 4:07 AM
  • Has anyone tried Computerguru's or Zero Tolerance's methods using a single DVD version that already has Rollup 2 integrated...............

I have an OEM (Dell) OS "Reinstallation DVD" labeled "Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Version 2005 with Update Rollup 2".

Do I do anything different than what was originally posted by either Computerguru or Zero Tolerance?  (Other than not needing to install net framwork 1.1 service pack 1 and media center update rollup 2)

(If yes, please indicate which method (Computerguru's or Zero Tolerance's) you are refering too...........Thanks.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 5:03 PM