boot driver install RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

is it possible to install drivers at boot or better to check and then install?

the drivers are already implemented.

thanks

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:34 AM

Answers

• Booting XP is not something that is supported by Microsoft and I doubt you will find many people in this froum that have ever tried it.

You will probably find answers by searching the internet for information on booting XP from a USB flash drive.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by xtf1 Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:01 PM

All replies

• Drivers are either installed during install setup or after the install setup is completed.  Drivers can be supplied by a floppy disk if they are not included in the install package.  If they are in the install package, they will be installed after the hardware is detected.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:54 AM
  • And if i want to have a "fix-install" of maybe a video driver, is this possible? If the PC changes you have to reboot first before you can use it.

e. g. xp on a flash drive > new host > detects > have to restart >>>> BUT if you have your drive write protected, you don't want to disable the lock every time.

Monday, August 15, 2011 3:08 PM
  • It would help if you were more specific about what you want to do.  As posted you are not making a lot of sense.

Video drivers are installed after the system install.  If a new video driver comes out, you do a driver update which installs the new driver in place of the old driver.

Monday, August 15, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Okayokay,

I've got a portable windows xp installation (not bart pe) and my flash drive is write protected.
    When I start Windows on another pc, then other drivers will be detected and will be active after reboot.

Now, is it possible that these drivers are detected and load preboot (or similar), so that the driver are ready to use after first boot?

Thanks, and excuse me for misunderstanding. 

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Booting XP is not something that is supported by Microsoft and I doubt you will find many people in this froum that have ever tried it.

You will probably find answers by searching the internet for information on booting XP from a USB flash drive.

• Marked as answer by xtf1 Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:01 PM