Read & unread messages Yahoo to outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I use Outlook for email activity.  It syncs fine with yahoo.  However when I read an email via outlook its not indicating as read at yahoo.  My Iphone then never records emails as read.  If I read an email on my iphone Outlook does not show that email as being read.  How do I sync read/unread emails between outlook, yahoo and my phone?  I am using the MS hosted exchange server via a 365 subscription.  
    Friday, February 23, 2018 9:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Sportsdad4064,

Try to follow these troubleshooting steps: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/email/email-troubleshooting/imap-issues-affecting-outlook-2013-and-office-365-functionality

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

What’s the account type? Does this issue only happen to this yahoo account?

If you click send/receive icon, will the unread status change?

According to my research, the Read status of email messages may not be updated between Exchange ActiveSync on a user's mobile device and the user's Microsoft Exchange Online mailbox in Microsoft Office 365. Please refer to this article to see whether this is the case for you.

Besides, if issue persists, please try re-configure your account in a new profile to check the result. To do this, please refer to this article to create a new profile.

As this forum is mainly focused on issues and feedback on Outlook desktop application, I'm not familiar with the synchronization issues between your phone and web mail. You could also post a thread in this forum to see if they have any good ideas.

Any updates, please don’t hesitate to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, February 26, 2018 9:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:53 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check whether my reply is helpful to you.

If you need further assistance about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 6:11 AM