Insufficient Memory or disk space / Mémoire ou espace disque insuffisants RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody :-)

First in english and after in french. Sorry for my poor english...

We test now app-v 4.5.1 for several months already.

It happens that when a utiliseur decides to launch an application of the Office suite 2007, the following message appear: " insufficient Memory or disk space" and the application does not open. But by connecting with another account on the same machine, it works. It is not thus a general problem, but appropriate for a particular user. The size of the mask is sufficient, the problem does not come from there either.

The solution to resolve this problem is very simple. It is enough of :
    1. Open the explorer.

2. Go under " c:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\SoftGrid Client " where username is the name of the account with which we cannot launch an application of the Office suite 2007.

3. To delete packages which causes problem, in that case, « OFFICE.2K7-42405C7C-D01E-4852 ».

4. Go then under " c:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\SoftGrid Client " where username is the name of the account with which we cannot launch an application of the Office suite 2007.

5. To delete packages which causes problem, in that case, « OFFICE.2K7-42405C7C-D01E-4852 ».

6. Launch the application which caused problem and this one should take care correctly.

My questions is : where from comes this problem ??? Because it rarely appears and is very unpleasant. Furthermore, I had this problem only with the Office suite 2007 and ever with another virtual application.

Beforehand, I thank you for your help and your advice.
    Very good appetite.
    THANKS

In french :-)

Bonjour tout le monde :-)

Nous testons app-v 4.5.1 depuis plusieurs mois déjà.

Il arrive que lorsqu'un utiliseur décide de lancer une application de la suite Office 2007, le message suivant apparaissent : "Mémoire ou espace disque insuffisants" et l'application ne s'ouvre pas. Mais en se connectant avec un autre compte sur la même machine, cela fonctionne. Ce n'est donc pas un problème général, mais propre à un utilisateur particulier.
    La taille du cache est suffisante, le problème ne vient pas de là non plus.

La solution pour résoudre ce problème est très simple. Il suffit de :

1.       Ouvrir l’explorateur.

2.       Se rendre sous « c:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\SoftGrid Client » où username est le nom du compte avec lequel on ne peut pas lancer une application de la suite Office 2007.

3.       Supprimer le package qui cause problème, dans ce cas, « OFFICE.2K7-42405C7C-D01E-4852 ».

4.       Se rendre ensuite sous « c:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\SoftGrid Client » où username est le nom du compte avec lequel on ne peut pas lancer une application de la suite Office 2007.

5.       Supprimer le package qui cause problème, dans ce cas, « OFFICE.2K7-42405C7C-D01E-4852 ».

6.       Lancer l’application qui causait problème et celle-ci devrait se charger correctement.

Ma questions est : D'où vient ce problème ??? Car elle apparait rarement et est bien désagréable. De plus, je n'ai eu ce problème qu'avec la suite office 2007 et jamais avec une autre application virtuelle.

D'avance, je vous remercie pour votre aide et vos conseils.
    Très bon appétit.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• First, you can also fix by using the clear or repair feature of the client management console on the application instead of manually deleting the pkg files.

Second, looking to prevent the problem there are several ideas. 

One possible cause would be quota limitations imposed on the user app data profile.  This should not be allowed to run out of space. 

Also, if roaming profiles are in place, make sure the user cannot have more than one session at a time.

Finally, how big is the user pkg file when you have the problem.  I have heard of an issue with extremely large pkg (a bug being fixed).  This might happen, for example, if you allowed a user pst to be captured inside the pkg file rather than external.

Good luck!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the fast answer.

The mask (cache) size is 20 Go.

The size of the package Office 2007 is 2.7 Go.

We don't have roaming profiles.

Thank you so much !
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:56 AM
  • Then I would look at the size of the user's pkg file when corruption happens.  I can no longer find the reference, but I remember there was an issue if the user pkg (not the sft, the one you are deleting) got over 120MB or so.  And from a quota perspective, remember that the user pkg file is copied to a tmp file when the user launches.

You should also post the error code the user receives when the issue occurs. 

Further investigation might shed light on if it is actually a disk space issue by using filemon (or Process Monitor @ http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx).  Microsoft has a nice info on how to do that on an App-V client here (http://blogs.technet.com/softgrid/archive/2008/06/02/sysinternals-live-launch-troubleshooting-tools-from-a-browser.aspx ).
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, October 19, 2009 8:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:16 PM
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:06 PM