Desktop Background does not display RRS feed

• Question

• So I don't understand why my computer is doing this all of the sudden but my background will not display. It goes back to the color, even when I change it or I click on a picture to add it as my background. As well, the icons on some pictures will not load until I change the size. When I go and change the background, it gives me a blurry picture icon and its location is 'roaming." Another thing: maybe I was impatient but I tried to log into my guest account just to see if the background was working. It was just completely black: no icons, no background, no task bar. I can see pictures just fine and I can watch movies and stuff. Can someone help me on this issue? Any suggestions?

Dell Studio 1737

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T6500  @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
                 Memory: 4054MB RAM

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
     Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
             DAC type: Internal
       Display Memory: 1759 MB
     Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
        Shared Memory: 1727 MB
         Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (61Hz)
              Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
         Driver Version: 8.15.0010.2413 (English)

I also have another question: my computer is running over 100 processes... is there reliable software to detect processes I don't need and some spyware that I can use that will detect things that Malwarebytes can't?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To avoid confusion, let us focus on the origianl issue: no backgroud or blurry picture.

Given this situation, I suspect your vedio card driver might encounter issues. Please uninstall\reinstall it or download the latest version from vedio card manufacture's downloading center to check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:44 AM