none
Exchange 2013 DAG

Question

• Hi team

Now if we shutdown Exchange 1 all the users are automatically redirected to Exchange 2.

DNS round robin seems to be working fine.

But when all the users were redirected to Exchange 2 i see that users cannot receive emails internally and externally.

Then we checked on Exchange 2 server, Queue viewer and found that Exchange 2 is relaying on exchange 1 mailbox for SMTP but Exchange 1 is  down and users cannot receive emails on their mailbox.

Can you say me what could be the issue is this related to DAG.

Also i think i should inform you that when DAG was created we have single nic, Later we created another nic and enabled replication on it.

Awaiting for your reply..

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:52 AM

Answers

• Please check the send and receive connector configuration on both of the server.

And add the second server to the second connector and match the receive connector configuration with server 1. Please also see if your mail gateway just relaying the email to server 1 ? have it configured on both server to get it working.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:58 AM
  • Hi Mohammed,

Did you encounter any issue on sending ?

As you mentioned above, you are encountering a receiving issue, not sending, you should check the receive connector settings instead of send connector.

As Yspintu suggested, please check the receive connector and make sure the settings match the configuration with each other.

Best regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi

How is your send connector setup for mail going outbound? Do you have DNS pointing to your main server for mail coming in or to a VIP?

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Please check the send and receive connector configuration on both of the server.

And add the second server to the second connector and match the receive connector configuration with server 1. Please also see if your mail gateway just relaying the email to server 1 ? have it configured on both server to get it working.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:58 AM
  • Hi Edward,

Thanks for your reply !!

I will attach the screenshots of SMTP and DNS.

Regards,

Arif

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:20 AM
  • Hi Mohammed,

Did you encounter any issue on sending ?

As you mentioned above, you are encountering a receiving issue, not sending, you should check the receive connector settings instead of send connector.

As Yspintu suggested, please check the receive connector and make sure the settings match the configuration with each other.

Best regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:33 AM