IAS RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a management pack for native MSFT IAS? We had a blow out over the weekend after patching and didn't catch anything, the CA that IAS is reliant on was clean and clear. So I searched the catalogue for anything IAS or Radius and found nothing.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff.

As far as I know there isn't a MP available for monitoring IAS. The best way to go about it is to build a MP yourself that monitors the related service on the IAS server(s) and checks the Eventlog for certain events you deem important enough to raise an Alert in the SCOM Console. With SCOM R2 a process monitor can be build as well in an easily manner. Hopes this helps.
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    • Marked as answer by JPrusinski Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff.

As far as I know there isn't a MP available for monitoring IAS. The best way to go about it is to build a MP yourself that monitors the related service on the IAS server(s) and checks the Eventlog for certain events you deem important enough to raise an Alert in the SCOM Console. With SCOM R2 a process monitor can be build as well in an easily manner. Hopes this helps.
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    • Marked as answer by JPrusinski Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:54 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:11 PM
  • We've started doing that. Specifically starting with

Event Type:    Warning

Event Source: IAS

Event Category:          None

Event ID:         2

Date:               11/17/2009

Time:               2:00:35 PM

User:               N/A

Computer:       NAUSBF-CA31

Thanks much,

Regards,
    Jeff.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Err, TLA, OMG!

What exactly does this acronym stand for?  Is this NAP?  TMG?  UAG?  Certificate Server?

Too many acronyms - but if I can figure out what you are looking for, I can give you an answer as to whether there was one, and whether there will ever be one
    Microsoft Corporation
    Friday, November 20, 2009 2:05 AM
  • NP ;).

Internet Authentication Server (radius server).

jp.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 2:09 PM