none
Project Server task overdue reminder RRS feed

• Question

• I have one project on project server on SharePoint onpremise which status is on hold but client still get notification regarding to task overdue yet user never subscribe to alert in PWA setting . i want to dismiss the notification. your help is so much appreciate .

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

if you enable notifications for your instance, all users will get notifications with default settings. Each user has to change the own settings e.g. by clicking on the link "Change your notification preferences". There is no way to change these settings for all users as an admin. Even more, you cannot change the settings in a delegate session for any user.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog (English/German)

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:10 AM
  • Hi Barbara

in client computer , he never subscribe to alert in pwa . i want to know why he receive notification regarding task overdue while the project status is on hold since 2017 and he receive notification on Aug 2018. he also sent me his screenshot as below :

• Edited by Kolika Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:49 AM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

OK, I understand better now. Can you please ask the owner of this project, if she or he activated any reminders in "Manage My Resources' Alerts and Reminders"?

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Hi babara ,

sorry for late reply , the client just sent me this :

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

sorry for my late reply....

Is this screenshot sent by the Project Manager of this project? If you are working with default permissions, members of the group have "Manage Resource Notifications" set in global permissions. So there should be an additional entry in Personal Settings.

When a resource has not enabled a reminder for overdue tasks, this is the only other option I am aware of to set this reminder.

Just another detail: please check the Status Manager for the task the reminder is sent. Perhaps it is not the Project Owner and this person has enabled the reminder for his or her resources?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:46 AM