none
Issue with IE 10 installation and the March KB2670838 that BSOD Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• First off, let me start of with a OMG!!! Again!!! what sense does this make?

Now here is the system. Windows 7 64 bit Professional SP1 IE9

hardware is intel i5 - 128 GB SSD - 8GB MEM 

Problem: I uninstalled the KB 2670838 that was causing a BSOD when using Internet Explorer.

I see that IE 10 is ready to install in my updates. So i say oh sure go ahead and install this.

When IE 10 installation runs, i get the ole {ERROR 9C59 When Installing IE 10} that a lot of other people seem to be getting.

So i download an IE10 installer from Microsoft website and run that. I notice that it has screen that reads Installing required updates so i go to look at what updates are being installed... GUESS WHAT??? KB2670838 is one of the updates that is a prerequisite for IE 10!!! what the hell? This update was know to crash systems 6 months ago and now it is a required update to upgrade IE.... 

WOW.. Needless to say, IE 10 won't install still and i remove the KB update again. 

So does anyone know how to get around this Error 9C59 and install IE 10, i have already been through quite a few forums. 

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:32 PM

Answers