Monitor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a few windows 7 PC on domain and the users have said that applications are slow and certain times (no pattern to when this happens)  Therefore I would like to know if there is any Microsoft tool I can use remotely to collect information from the reported PCs so that I create a trend analysis of core sub-systems, RAM, CPU, disk I/O

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, September 22, 2014 3:04 PM Relocated to more appropriate forum
    Monday, September 22, 2014 11:33 AM

Answers

• take a look into built-in perfmon (performance monitor). It is designed exactly for this purpose.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:43 AM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

To be added, you can refer to the steps below to connect to a remote computer with Performance Monitor:

1. Start Performance Monitor.
    2. In the navigation tree, right-click Reliability and Performance , and then click Connect to another computer .
    3. In the Select Computer dialog box, type the name of the computer you want to monitor, or click Browse to select it from a list.
    4. Click OK .

For more information about Performance Monitor, please refer to the link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749249.aspx

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:31 AM

All replies

• take a look into built-in perfmon (performance monitor). It is designed exactly for this purpose.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Monday, September 22, 2014 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

To be added, you can refer to the steps below to connect to a remote computer with Performance Monitor:

1. Start Performance Monitor.
    2. In the navigation tree, right-click Reliability and Performance , and then click Connect to another computer .
    3. In the Select Computer dialog box, type the name of the computer you want to monitor, or click Browse to select it from a list.
    4. Click OK .

For more information about Performance Monitor, please refer to the link below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749249.aspx

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:31 AM