none
Master Plan is not getting update after Publish RRS feed

• Question

• We are having issues related with publishing of Master Plan which consist of
    several sub-projects. After publishing all the sub-projects, when we open Master
    Plan in project professional to publish, we can see updated summary task at
    Master Plan level (which shows the updated dates and hours rolling up at Master
    plan level) but when we publish the plan we dont see any update on PWA. We have
    checked Queue but found nothing suspicious. We are using auto schedule mode for
    all the task.

Anybody faced the same issue? I have checked this both in
    Project Server 2010 and 2013 and found same behavior.

As workaround, we need to click "Calculate Project" button in project professional and then
    publish the master plan to see updates on PWA.

One thing which is special
    about our Master Plan is that it don't have its own task, all the tasks are
    actually part of subprojects and Master Plan just have a summary task to show
    roll up dates and hours.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Adnan,

the behavior you see in your Project Server is not unusual. Master plans require special handling. You have to klick on "Show all Sub Tasks" or to press F9 or anything else.

Anyway, you have something to do for recalculating the master. This is for performance reasons.

Best Regards

Bernhard Fischer

Bernhard Fischer [MVP] | www.wodey.de

• Marked as answer by Adnan Hasan Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:25 PM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Adnan,

the behavior you see in your Project Server is not unusual. Master plans require special handling. You have to klick on "Show all Sub Tasks" or to press F9 or anything else.

Anyway, you have something to do for recalculating the master. This is for performance reasons.

Best Regards

Bernhard Fischer

• Marked as answer by Adnan Hasan Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:25 PM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:55 PM
  • Is there any possibility to automate this? I mean to say we can publish master plan through PSI but can we do calculate project through PSI and then publish?
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Hi Adnan,

sorry, but I'm not a developer. But I think it should be possible to recalculate the master via PSI. Please have a look to the Project 2013 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ms512767(v=office.15).aspx

I hope this helps.

Regards

Bernhard Fischer

Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:16 PM