Email flow rules from to address csv file RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everone,

We have an old linux sendmail sitting before our exchange that can forward email from our primary domains to different email addresses.

Now that flow rules exist in 2016 i want to get rid of the linux box. I've done a test with one address to forward to another outside the company (working with contacts)

Is there a way that i can have a csv file with a list of for example from and to addresses (we have more then 200) that can forward emails if it's send to persona@company.com then forward it to contacta@othercompany.com?

Kr,

Borrie

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:13 AM

Answers

• You don't actually need to configure mail flow rules for that - simply create a mail user or contact object for persona@company.com and set its targetaddress to contacta@othercompany.com. Or do an actual forwarding.

If you want to use rules instead, you will have to create one rule for each pair, which is hardly the best solution, even though you can automate the creation process via PowerShell.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Vi Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Borrie Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:22 PM

All replies

• You don't actually need to configure mail flow rules for that - simply create a mail user or contact object for persona@company.com and set its targetaddress to contacta@othercompany.com. Or do an actual forwarding.

If you want to use rules instead, you will have to create one rule for each pair, which is hardly the best solution, even though you can automate the creation process via PowerShell.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Vi Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Borrie Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:22 PM
  • Wow! Big step up from Microsoft! (about time also :p )

Tx!

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 9:17 AM