Cannot Load IE After Installation RRS feed

• Question

• When I "successfully" download and install IE (version doesn't seem to matter), I am unable to find any IE version in my installed programs list (I use Windows7 Home Edition, 64-bit version). Therefore, I cannot uninstall IE before reinstalling it. In addition, when I try installing the various IE versions (9, 10 or 11), I receive a message that a particular version is already installed. As I said, I do not see any IE version installed in the program list, so I cannot uninstall it.

Can anyone offer a simple, straight-forward solution? I've tried everything and I'm ready to throw in the towel and rely on Firefox.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Open your IE version that you currently have installed....

Select the Help>About menu to find out what version it is....

Post those details to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE).

If you have tired to install IE11 from a download from Microsoft, but it says that a newer version is already installed it means that IE11 has already been installed (automatically by windows updates)...

To revert back to a previous versions go

Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features>View Installed updates.... sort by Name

locate Internet Explorer 11 (Grouped in "Microsoft Windows"),

click the uninstall updates button/link.

When you uninstall one version of IE the previous version is automatically re-installed/re-instated.

Consider first posting to the answers forum for solutions that you may be now having with IE11 or consult the Start>Control Panel>Action Center for help with incompatible addons that you may have installed.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, January 6, 2014 4:25 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Open your IE version that you currently have installed....

Select the Help>About menu to find out what version it is....

Post those details to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE).

If you have tired to install IE11 from a download from Microsoft, but it says that a newer version is already installed it means that IE11 has already been installed (automatically by windows updates)...

To revert back to a previous versions go

Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features>View Installed updates.... sort by Name

locate Internet Explorer 11 (Grouped in "Microsoft Windows"),

click the uninstall updates button/link.

When you uninstall one version of IE the previous version is automatically re-installed/re-instated.

Consider first posting to the answers forum for solutions that you may be now having with IE11 or consult the Start>Control Panel>Action Center for help with incompatible addons that you may have installed.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, January 6, 2014 4:25 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:49 AM
  • On Win7, InternetExplorer is an included OS feature, and updates for it (including later versions) are listed in "Installed Updates" and not in "Installed Programs"

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:26 AM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:26 AM