Dynamics MP logon error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Paul,

Are you seeing a logon error being logged every minute in the Application Log on your Ops Manager RMS SQL Server?

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSSQLSERVER
    Date:          7/1/2009 11:03:06 AM
    Event ID:      18456
    Task Category: Logon
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Classic,Audit Failure
    User:          McLovin\OpsMgrDynamicsAXUser
    Computer:      Ops-RMS.domain.test
    Description:
    Login failed for user 'McLovin\OpsMgrDynamicsAXUser'. Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

Can't work out why it's trying to login to my SQL Server, docs don't mention any need for the Run As account to have access to the Ops Manager DB.

(Running Ops Mgr R2 Eval with SQL 2008 SP1 on Windows 2008 SP2)

Edit: Also just found Raji's blog entry about a couple of Known Issues with the Dynamics AX 2009 MP:

http://blogs.technet.com/operationsmgr/archive/2009/06/23/known-issues-with-the-microsoft-dynamics-ax-2009-management-pack-for-systems-center-operations-manager-2007.aspx

Edit 2: Ah interesting. I just added my Ops Manager Dynamics AX Run As user to my RMS SQL's security as SysAdmin (for kicks) to get around my Login failure issue and it's just thrown up the “A GroupPopulator module unloaded due to an unrecoverable error” that Raji mentions in the above blog post. Still don't know what that user's trying to do in the SQL though.
    • Edited by Steve Burkett Wednesday, July 1, 2009 11:25 AM
    • Split by S. Halsey Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:25 PM opening up a different issue then originally raised
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:39 AM

Answers

• You got the latest Backward Compatibility MP installed Matt, as mentioned by Bill here?

Back on to the Dynamics AX 2009 MP, thanks for the info Dan.

If you run it through the Best Practices Analyser in the Authoring Console, you get a fair number of errors showing up. Interesting there's a script in the MP called 'MyScript.vbs'.  Woo!   Also seems to be missing a fair number of Display Strings, KB articles, its not setting the locale in the some scripts, and a discovery time out is on the low side.  Hope they can tidy some of this up for the next release.

EDIT: Trying to delete this MP from my setup, it's saying it can't as it's dependent on Microsoft.SystemCenter.SecureReferenceOverride.  I'm guessing I need to kill off the RunAs Accounts first?  Perhaps a 'How to Uninstall this Management Pack' section should be standard in all MP guides?
    • Marked as answer by StuartR Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:26 PM
    Friday, July 3, 2009 10:37 AM

All replies

• I'll add to this.

It looks to me that the Dynamics AX MP is trying to use the RunAs account to do 'something' on every managed server. Possibly a discovery bug there?

More details on me other post here.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:56 PM
  • Those are known issues - a fix is being planned...

Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 5:31 PM
  • Is anyone running Dynamics 4.0 CRM? If so, have you succesfully imported the management pack akm from mom 2005 to opsmgr 2007 r2?

Thanks,
    -Matt

Matthew Tinney windowsmgmtexperts@gmail.com (206) 778 4432 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/b81/371
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 7:06 PM
  • You got the latest Backward Compatibility MP installed Matt, as mentioned by Bill here?

Back on to the Dynamics AX 2009 MP, thanks for the info Dan.

If you run it through the Best Practices Analyser in the Authoring Console, you get a fair number of errors showing up. Interesting there's a script in the MP called 'MyScript.vbs'.  Woo!   Also seems to be missing a fair number of Display Strings, KB articles, its not setting the locale in the some scripts, and a discovery time out is on the low side.  Hope they can tidy some of this up for the next release.

EDIT: Trying to delete this MP from my setup, it's saying it can't as it's dependent on Microsoft.SystemCenter.SecureReferenceOverride.  I'm guessing I need to kill off the RunAs Accounts first?  Perhaps a 'How to Uninstall this Management Pack' section should be standard in all MP guides?
    • Marked as answer by StuartR Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:26 PM
    Friday, July 3, 2009 10:37 AM
  • Any news on an update to this MP?   Still getting spammed with Secure Reference Override Failure errors to the console and it's dropping errors in every servers events log every five minutes or so.  Can't easily remove the darn thing either. 
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:52 PM