none
Weekly progress tracking RRS feed

• Question

• I want to have 2 columns in the Gantt chart: %Complete for the current date and %Complete for the last week, so I can show the progress between this week and last week. I want %Complete for the last week column to be updated automatically. How can I do that?
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:12 PM

All replies

• I don't believe there is any automatic way of calculating that data.  You can update your project, calculating the % complete and then copy that data to a spare field - but Project has no way of knowing "last week's progress". There are spare Text fields that you can copy/paste data into - but it will need to be a manual process.

How many weeks of data do you plan on keeping?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:25 PM
  • ao.burevestnik,

Personally I think Julie's approach is the best but given a couple of assumptions this process could be automated. If you use the status date as the mark for progress and then also update progress to the status date, this process could be automated with some VBA. However, blindly updating everything to the status date isn't very realistic in my opinion.

Julies approach could be partially automated by using a simple macro to transfer the current % Complete data to an extra field and then perhaps calculate a comparison value in another extra field.

John

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:32 PM
  • If you save the daily or weekly incremental versions of the file then you always have the historical data for the plan readily available, you know what the state of all of the variables, not just the % Complete, was at any given date in the past.

I think it important to retain the history of the development of the plan by saving the new versions as you go along, rather than just continuously overwriting one file.

However, if you want last week's % Complete to be in your current file, just copy the entire column and paste it into a spare text column before you start changing and updating.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:35 AM