MDT and local admin accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

I'm trying to configure MDT for imaging but running into an issue. On the image I want to create a new custom account and disable the local administrator one.

Unfortunately after the imaging process the netplwiz.exe "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox gets unchecked, and Windows tries to login to a disabled local admin account.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Steve

Monday, June 1, 2015 7:45 PM

Answers

• MDT requires the built in local admin account to work.  If you want to disable the local admin account you will want to do it as a last task.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by loss4words83 Monday, June 1, 2015 8:32 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:16 PM

All replies

• MDT requires the built in local admin account to work.  If you want to disable the local admin account you will want to do it as a last task.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by loss4words83 Monday, June 1, 2015 8:32 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:16 PM
  • Thanks, Ty. I think in this case it will be easier for me to just rename the local admin account to something else. Should that also be done in the last task?

Monday, June 1, 2015 8:30 PM
  • You can do that, just make sure it's done at the very end. You can add FinishAction=LOGOFF in your customsettings.ini so that when MDT is done, the username change will be in effect. Otherwise if you try doing certain things after changing the name of the account you're currently logged in with, you'll get errors.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Ty Glander Monday, June 1, 2015 8:40 PM
    Monday, June 1, 2015 8:38 PM
  • Thank you so much! This worked perfectly.
    Monday, June 1, 2015 10:29 PM