Problem with NVIDIA after installing Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit RRS feed

• Question

• When I am watching a recorded TV program, NVIDIA stops working.  So far, it has recovered each time.

How can I fix this problem?

This is a HP 7580n Pavillion Media Center TV PC that was working beautifully on XP SP2.  Since installing Windows Vista Home Premium w/SP1 (purchased CD), there have been a number of other problems.  I ran the update tool before ever purchasing and installing Vista.  I upgraded the software on this PC to make it compatible with my Laptop which runs Visa perfectly.

I

Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:30 PM

Answers

•  

Do you receive any error message from Nvidia? Can you capture a screenshot of the error or write down the detail error message? Based on the symptom, I suggest we first try other versions of Nvidia driver and check the result, you can download driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Monday, May 5, 2008 5:53 AM

All replies

•  

Do you receive any error message from Nvidia? Can you capture a screenshot of the error or write down the detail error message? Based on the symptom, I suggest we first try other versions of Nvidia driver and check the result, you can download driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Monday, May 5, 2008 5:53 AM
  • Yes, there is a message NVIDIA some dll has stopped working but the message disappears as soon as the recovery takes place and I have not been able to copy and paste.  I will try again to capture it.  I did download updated driver for Windows Vista from NVIDIA.  Dr. visit kept me from doing any more today.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 4:24 AM
  • I downloaded updated drivers.  The problem is intermittent and usually happens when I am watching a recorded TV program  and doing another task simultaneously in another window.  It happened three times today in one session and the last time took about 60 seconds to self-recover. I attempted to catch the error but was unable.  I put the scissor tool in the "start menu" for easy access so will attempt that method to capture the screen next time it occurs.

Friday, May 16, 2008 9:24 PM