locked
Outlook Web App - Exchange 2010 - Mailbox search error RRS feed

  • Question

  • When trying to perform a search anywhere within the mailbox, the following error results:

    The action could not be completed. Please try again.

    Initial research showed that this was because of a SP1 install, this is not the case as the SP1 was installed before we did anything.  Further, there are no event IDs in the application log of 9877 or 9842.

    Exchange is installed on a x64 bit Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise w/SP1.

     

    This is unfamiliar territory for me, so I'm not sure what else you'd need to assist in diagnoses and troubleshooting.


    There is always a way...
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:59 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi,

    First please verify if you have installed SP1 on all the Exchange Servers. We may keep the same Exchange Server version for all the Exchange Servers.

    I recommend you to apply the latest update for Exchange. We have SP2 released now.

    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28190

    Then please check if you have Microsoft Exchange search service running.

     You can try to follow the steps in article below to fix the issue:

    After Installing Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1, Searching via OWA or Outlook Online Mode Fails

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/06/30/after-installing-exchange-2010-service-pack-1-searching-via-owa-or-outlook-online-mode-fails.aspx

     


    Xiu Zhang

    TechNet Community Support

    • Marked as answer by SeanPerkins Friday, January 6, 2012 8:14 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 7:39 AM
  • Did you tried to reindex the Outllok (Control Panel->Indexing options->Microsoft Outlook->Advanced->Rebuild
    Regards from www.windowsadmin.info | www.blog.windowsadmin.info
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:45 AM
  • All servers are on the same patch level and on Service Pack 1.

    I found the following service as the issue and tested successfully.

    1. Microsoft Search (Exchange) is set to manual, I changed it to "started"

    There is always a way...
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:14 PM
  • The issue is with the Outlook Web App, not the local client on the machine.
    There is always a way...
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:15 PM