problems with my windows 7 IE8 and Games RRS feed

• Question

• i am having a problem with my IE8 64 bit that was installed on my HP windows 7 OS 

it seems that whenever visiting a page with shockwave content the whole page start blinking specially when moving the mouse i did stop the add on from running  (I did try to reinstall the shockwave player add on  and it works fine for almost few times and then it happens again mostly when i restart my laptop) i had to use a different web browser in order to surf the net without having this problem.

And another issue with Microsoft games such as solitaire , hearts, internet spades and all others. sometimes it works and sometimes it just wont launch unless i restarted my laptop i really don't know what's the problem i would appreciate some help because i started to wonder if buying a windows 7 os was a smart move! 

Monday, May 31, 2010 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi assi82,

It seems the games in Shockwave need Adobe Flash Player. If you are using the x64 version, please understand that Adobe Flash Player does not support x64 bit version operation system. However, you can use the x32 bit version Internet Explorer to view websites contain Flash Player. You can find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE.

Regarding the games issue, did it occur immediately after installing Windows 7? If they could play properly, check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue. If the issue persists, use the System File Checker tool to check this issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, June 7, 2010 2:52 AM
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:05 AM

All replies

• i am running an HP pavilion dv4 notebook pc (i bought it with Windows 7 Home premium installed) AMD turion dual core mobile m500 2.20 ghz (4 GB ram) 64 bit operating system 

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 12:29 PM
  • Hi assi82,

It seems the games in Shockwave need Adobe Flash Player. If you are using the x64 version, please understand that Adobe Flash Player does not support x64 bit version operation system. However, you can use the x32 bit version Internet Explorer to view websites contain Flash Player. You can find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE.

Regarding the games issue, did it occur immediately after installing Windows 7? If they could play properly, check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue. If the issue persists, use the System File Checker tool to check this issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, June 7, 2010 2:52 AM
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:05 AM