windows 7 professional 64 bit- How to setup Two concurrent RDP session for same user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

We need to have mutiple users( same users- in our case just TWO session would work fine) concurrent session active so two persons can work at the same time and save precious time . I do not want to use any third party utility or software.

I found couple of people have found a way to change the reminalserver dll file and it worked fine. I want to know is it ligal to use this kind of twik if we are using this for business purposes. I want to make sure by doing this if i am not breaking any microsoft EULA.

if someone has better way of doing this and remaining with microsoft EULA please let me know. We do not want to spend any money so please do not suggest any third party or other suggestion which generally costs.

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Thanks,

Bharat

Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:33 AM

Answers

• You can't do that in Windows 7 on purpose.  MSFT charges a lot more money in Windows Server for this functionality.  The terminal services hack is probably not something you want to be doing in a corporate environment.  Whether or not the EULA is legal and enforceable is a matter for your own govt. to decide.  Due to differing laws, it is not enforceable in many countries, but that does not change the 'language' of the document, just know that in some countries the document is a 'bluff' and in others it carries more weight.

Sorry, don't have a better answer.  IANAL nor do I play one on TV.

Good luck Shitbhar.

Don't forget to mark your posts as answered so they drop off the unanswered post filter. If I've helped you and you want to show your gratitude, just click that green thingy.

• Edited by Knuckle-Dragger Monday, October 8, 2012 4:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:38 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 4:51 AM