Instances/Databases list seen by SCOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to get a list of Servers/SQL instances/Databases

I am using the generic report Custom Configuration > Add object > Options > Add > Class Name contains Microsoft SQL Datbase (2), SQL Database but when running the search I am still missing a lot of instances why?

On a Cluster I miss two iinstances and on the other cluster I miss 12 instances... 

Anywhere to look for failures?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:06 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:06 PM

All replies

• For me it always helps to have a look in the monitoring pane near the top -> discovered inventory. And targetting the classes I am interested in (or just trying a few of them finding the right one...). Once I see whats discovered under each name and if it contains the fields I want (for instance SQL Server version (SQL DB Engine)), I might move to reporting in order to pull it in there.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 + 2013 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Friday, July 19, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Hi Bob,

I checked the Discovered inventory and I have a little bit more than in the report but still missing a lot !!!

checking the servers by themselves now.

Thanks,
    Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Friday, July 19, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Hello,

Two machines are not reporting, they are VMs with Datbases behind a grayed out collector (:

Reviewing the collector not reporting nor with nWorks nor with the SCOM agent!!!

Clear the health service

stop health service

delete health state folder

start health service

collector health green in SCOM so the two VMs are healthy as well...

checking the databases now...

Does nworks report about the databases or do I need a local agent installed?

Thanks,
    Dom

• Edited by Felyjos Friday, July 19, 2013 4:03 PM Update
    Friday, July 19, 2013 3:50 PM