Installation Of App v Application RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

let me tell the senario

i installed app v client by deafualt setting.and diftribute(download and install not streaming )  the vertual application  from SCCM it is  installed in app v client mechine launching and working fine .

But when i distribute the MSI of the of the same  package (Not as vertual package but noraml package program ) into the same mechine.Its not launching the application

can any one give me the clarification i need it as soo as posible for the clarification

what is the diffrence if we use XML file vertualise package and  MSI file for the deployement

shinu Thomas
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:11 AM

Answers

• Using the manifest XML file allows SCCM to have some knowledge about the applications in the App-V package and know that they are virtual applications. Id you use the MSI file, then SCCM will treat the App-V package just like any other application.

Use the XML file approach for any App-V integration with SCCM. See from page 15 in this white paper for more info: http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/7/8/f784a197-73be-48ff-83da-4102c05a6d44/APP-V/App-V_and_ConfigMgr_Whitepaper_Final.docx

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:15 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:54 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:51 PM