Outlook Search RRS feed

• Question

• I formatted my system and reinstalled outlook. I have 5 different PST with 50GB.

When I search a content or subject it's not working properly some emails are missing.

The index rebuild is completed. but still not working. Any solutions?.

Monday, October 1, 2018 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I have 5 different PST with 50GB

Is each PST file 50GB in size or all the 5 PST files add up to 50GB?

>>When I search a content or subject it's not working properly some emails are missing.

Does it miss emails earlier than a specific date or miss random emails?

You may first try using the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to scan and repair your PST files and then try searching again. Corruptions in the PST file may cause searching incomplete. You may run the Scanpste.exe tool several times for each PST file, until there is no error can be detected.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:13 AM
    Monday, October 1, 2018 8:25 AM
  • Hello,

The solution for this query depends upon the size of the PST file. So, clarity regarding the size of each PST file is important. So answer to moderator Steve’s questions.

And as he has suggested, you can repair your Outlook PST files. But, if your single PST file is of 50 GB, then Inbox Repair tool is not the best option. Since it is an inbuilt utility, it had some size limitation. In such case, it is better to rely on some trustable third-party application like SysTools Outlook PST Recovery software to repair PST file

The main advantage of the application is that it will recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook PST files. And it does not imposes any file size limitation, even while repairing highly corrupted PST files.

Hope this might help you. And provide further details if not resolved
    Regards,
    Bruce

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:48 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:13 AM