Outlook 2016 won't download mailbox from Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having a problem with outlook 2016, it won't find a new users mailbox on the exchange server and download it to an .ost file.

We were previously running outlook 2010, and had no issues.

For the most part, if a person already had an .ost file on their computer when they were upgraded, 2016 opens and works fine. If the person never had a mail profile on the computer however, that's where we have a problem.

I tried rolling a computer back to office 2010, opened outlook fine, then upgrading to 2016 again, and still received the error.

Is there anything in the registry or something that 2016 added the first time around that is messing things up? A user profile setting I can change? Any help would be wonderful.

This is the screen in 2016 I always get stuck on.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 3:45 PM

All replies

• Which Rollup Update is installed on the Exchange server?
    What is the build number of Outlook?

Is this computer part of the domain Exchange is also installed on?
    Have you verified that the Autodiscover endpoint for Exchange is set correctly? Outlook 2016 fully relies on this.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:24 PM
  • The computer is part of the same domain exchange is installed on, and Autodiscover was setup.

We actually just solved the issue, and it turned out to be a group policy setting that was set for outlook 2010 years ago. The group policy setting disabled the ability to add exchange accounts, but with 2016's need for autodiscovery, it must be buggered that up.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, July 18, 2018 2:22 AM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 10:09 PM
  • Hi,

So glad to see that your issue has been solved and thank you for sharing the information here.

By the way, it's recommended to mark your reply as the answer so that your solution will benefit other community members who may encounter a similar issue and this case could be closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, July 18, 2018 2:24 AM
    Wednesday, July 18, 2018 2:23 AM