Accepted Domains In Exchange 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Exchange 2016 in my environment.

My local domain is mydomain.local and external live domain is externaldomain.com

I have added my live domain which is externaldomain.com in Accepted domain and have also created email address policy for this domain.

My question is how we can login on owa using accepted domain.?

For example i have created a mailbox named by test@mydomain.local using this address i can successfully login to owa.

When i use test@externaldomain.com i cannot login into owa.

But my mailbox email address is showing in exchange test@externaldomain.com

Moreover. i am unable to receives emails on my test@externaldomain.com mailbox but sending mail from this ID is working fine.

I have created send connectors and using the default receive connectors

Please help me

thanks

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:28 AM

Answers

• My question is how we can login on owa using accepted domain.?

You would need to add a UPN Suffix in AD for that accepted domain and then set it as the logon name (userPrincipalName) for the account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/243629

Moreover. i am unable to receives emails on my test@externaldomain.com mailbox but sending mail from this ID is working fine.

You need to ensure the MX record is correctly setup in your external DNS and the firewall rules are in place to allow external messages to your domain on port 25.

When you send test messages externally to your domain, what happens to them? Do they bounce? If so what is the NDR.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:48 PM

All replies

• My question is how we can login on owa using accepted domain.?

You would need to add a UPN Suffix in AD for that accepted domain and then set it as the logon name (userPrincipalName) for the account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/243629

You need to ensure the MX record is correctly setup in your external DNS and the firewall rules are in place to allow external messages to your domain on port 25.

When you send test messages externally to your domain, what happens to them? Do they bounce? If so what is the NDR.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:48 PM
  • Thanks its working now 

Thanks for the great help

Sunday, November 22, 2015 9:51 PM