Can not find Last year email on Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have user with large mailbox.Company email is Office 365 latest edition.

The user have two(2) PC,s :

A. Win 7 Pro with Outlook 2007

B. Win 10 Pro with Outlook 2016

Both PC,s connected  and using Office 365 email.

The user have to find old email from his clients and he can find them easy and fast on Outlook 2007, but none to be found on Outlook 2016

I rebuild users profile on Win 10 Pro PC, but no luck

May be some one have answer for me

Thnaks in advance

Isaac

Friday, January 26, 2018 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Isaac, seems the images failed to upload. Could you upload the images again?

Besides, which folder are these 3 emails in? You may try to 'Clear Offline Items' for this folder, wait for maybe several minutes, and then see whether you can see these 3 emails.

Thanks,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Isaac Goldfarb Friday, February 16, 2018 7:05 PM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Isaac,

Can the user see all emails if he log onto OWA in a browser?

>>The user have to find old email from his clients and he can find them easy and fast on Outlook 2007, but none to be found on Outlook 2016

May I know how the user was trying to find old emails? Via searching in Outlook? If so, can you manually browse to the last year emails?

Does the user have all emails cached to local in Outlook 2016? You may go to File > Account Settings to verify this.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 7:54 AM
  • Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:00 PM
  • if the mail is in the online mailbox , it should be searchable . But it might well be that the mail is not synchronized to the OST file .

Check the following to see how much data is synchronized :

1. Go to File ( upper left corner of Outlook ) and select the following ( Account Settings , Account Settings )

2. With the correct account configuration selected , click on Change and check the results shown ( similar to what you see below )

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, February 2, 2018 2:10 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:15 PM
  • i extend to  "ALL" but still no fixed yet

Email we looking is from Mar 2017 and i see this 3 emails to Outlook 2007. but not on Outlook 2016

Thnaks

SIG

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:50 PM
  • Can you please check , using OWA and confirm the three emails are there ?
    Monday, February 5, 2018 6:40 AM
  • Hi Isaac, seems the images failed to upload. Could you upload the images again?

Besides, which folder are these 3 emails in? You may try to 'Clear Offline Items' for this folder, wait for maybe several minutes, and then see whether you can see these 3 emails.

Thanks,

Steve Fan

• Marked as answer by Isaac Goldfarb Friday, February 16, 2018 7:05 PM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 10:01 AM
  • Will do

Thnaks

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 9:51 PM