none
access denied RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

i have installed map 6.0 and run inventory with WMI from active directory 1000 computer failed? . I run the wizard with domain admin but clients access denied, why?

WMI winmgmt service is started on clients

Chris
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:18 PM

Answers

• MAP generates a log file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log. Can you make sure it does not contain any sensitive information and upload it somewhere or email me at andreas.stenhall AT knowledgefactory.se? Thanks, that might help in resolve the problem and give us some more information on what is going on. 
    Blogging about Windows for IT pros at www.theexperienceblog.com
    • Marked as answer by -- Chris -- Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:12 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:42 PM

All replies

• Check Appendix A in the getting started guide which can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=7826 as there are quite a few things to verify before proceeding with the troubleshooting. Please get back if any of those solutions fix the problem or if it remains after verifying.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:03 PM
  • Hi andreas

I have test it with one machine. On my computer there run MAP und SQL. On my computer there is no windows firewall active, and my symantec antivirus is disabled. On Testmachine PC995 there is no windows firewall and Symantec is disabled. With MAP Wizard I use WMI and manual one computer. The collection run more then 10min for this one computer? Then I close it and cancel inventory! Failure 199, but machine is success and was listed under machine type physical. Other machines failed?

wmimgmt service and remote registry service is started on target machines. I can access it from my computer with wmi explorer and registry (remote)

Chris

• Edited by -- Chris -- Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:04 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:20 AM
  • Could it be that the wrong password is entered for the WMI account? Easy to create a new domain account with sufficient priviliges and try that one.
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:10 PM
  • we use and test it also with domain admin account

Chris
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:10 PM
  • hi andreas, hi all

my source OS is Windows 7 64bit, target computer are Windows XP 32bit. Is this a problem?

Chris
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:57 PM
  • hi andreas, hi all

my source OS is Windows 7 64bit, target computer are Windows XP 32bit. Is this a problem?

Chris

No, this is a very common scenario and I have myself done quite a few scans from Win 7 x64 scanning XP machines. I cannot see any other problems than that there is some configuration that prevents the scan. What you can try is to exclude one machine from getting all Group Policies and then do a new scan to see if the problem is with the configuration being applied to the machines.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:13 PM
  • hello andreas

If I use WMI-Explorer with same User and Password as MAP Inventory Wizard and access one PC it work's fine. If I start Regedit with same User and Password as MAP Inventory and open target PC it work's fine. I think thats a Bug or MAP Problem?

Chris
    Friday, November 25, 2011 7:02 AM
  • MAP generates a log file in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin\log. Can you make sure it does not contain any sensitive information and upload it somewhere or email me at andreas.stenhall AT knowledgefactory.se? Thanks, that might help in resolve the problem and give us some more information on what is going on. 
    • Marked as answer by -- Chris -- Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:12 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:42 PM
  • thanks for Tip,

Now I have installed MAP 6.5 beta, and it works. Discoery is faster. Only problem that many workstations are offline.

Chris
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:12 PM