Does Outlook Auto-Complete cache distribution group members? or just the email address? RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to find this answer anywhere on the web, so I'm just trying to confirm here.  If we disable a user account and remove them from their distribution groups, does the auto-complete cache within everyone's outlook update, or not even contain this data to begin with?
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:36 AM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi JoeFri,

AutoComplete list contains SMTP addresses, LegacyExchangeDN entries, and display names for people or groups to whom you have sent mail previously.

According to my experience, it doesn't contain members for this group. We can still use the original auto-complete entries.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, November 12, 2018 5:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by JoeFri Monday, November 12, 2018 1:53 PM
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hi JoeFri,

AutoComplete list contains SMTP addresses, LegacyExchangeDN entries, and display names for people or groups to whom you have sent mail previously.

According to my experience, it doesn't contain members for this group. We can still use the original auto-complete entries.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, November 12, 2018 5:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by JoeFri Monday, November 12, 2018 1:53 PM
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 2:25 AM
  • Hi JoeFri,

I'm writing to see if the reply above answered your question. If you have more concern, please feel free to post back.

If the information is helpful to you, would you mind helping mark it as reply? This will benefit other users a lot to easily find useful information here.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, November 12, 2018 5:29 AM