KDidz RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to reload Office:mac2008 on my MacBook Pro.  I get messages that there is no data on my disc. 

I get messages that state that there is a problem with the Office database everytime I start it up.  I also cannot download any updates as it state that there is data missing.  I also get messages that Micorsoft cannot locate the converter.

HELP!

Sunday, November 22, 2015 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you get the error message "There is a problem with the Office database" when opening Word 2008? if yes, Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information. To rebuild the database, open Microsoft Office 2008, and then open the Microsoft Database Utility.

Please try the following method:

You can rebuild the database with the Microsoft Database Utility. That often does not work and you will continue to get the error. Another option is to fix the permissions on each application and then under

"username/library/preferences/Microsoft"

Then apply the changes to all of the enclosed folders.

The Fix that always works is to remove the Microsoft User Data folder from Documents to the Desktop. The next time an Office application is opened Microsoft Office will recreate the missing folder.

PS: This forum is talking about Office for windows, not for mac. Thus, If you have further question about it, please ask in this forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2008?tab=Threads

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by George123345 Tuesday, December 1, 2015 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, December 2, 2015 9:15 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 2:16 AM