Media Center Erased RRS feed

• Question

•  

My media center got erased accidentally. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Can media center be reinstalled?
    Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:38 AM

All replies

•  

Only by performing a Repair installation of Windows.  Media Center is a core component of the operating system, rather than a removable one.

Are you sure that Media Center is truly gone, and that it's not that the shortcuts were simply deleted?
    Try this:
    Navigate to C:\Windows\ehome (that's the Media Center root folder - just type that into any Explorer window) - is the folder still there?  If it is, is there a file called ehshell.exe ?  If there, is, does double-clicking it launch Media Center?  If it works, then MC is still there and is registered.  If it doesn't work, do you get an error message?

Sunday, June 1, 2008 4:53 AM
  • Hi, New to this so sorry if not precise. My media centre stopped working as well.  followed instructions re ehshell.exe and constant error message  is "stooped working...searching for solution..will report if found" or similar.  I have never had a report back. I have disk for windows vista.  Any further help. please?
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 6:08 PM