none
Project Pro 2013 Forms Based Authentication failing RRS feed

• Question

• This scenerio was working, The FBA users can still use PWA, the people picker works, new FBA users can be added but when I need a non windows user to actually do some scheduling it fails.

this is what is spit out from the login dialog.

Application error when access /_login/default.aspx, Error=Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPControl.SPWebEnsureSPControl(HttpContext context) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.DetermineLayoutsUrl(SPWeb overrideWeb, HttpContext context, Boolean includeLCID, Boolean doNotInitWeb) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.DetermineRedirectUrl(String urlProposed, SPRedirectFlags flags, HttpContext context, SPWeb overrideWeb, String queryString, String& urlRedirect) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.Redirect(String url, SPRedirectFlags flags, HttpContext context, String queryString) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.HandleAccessDenied(HttpContext context) 
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.IdentityModel.SPFederationAuthenticationModule.OnEndRequest(Object sender, EventArgs eventArgs) 
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() 
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Sometimes it doesn't error and allows the user/pass combination for the FBA account but then persists the Windows login to the Project Pro Client.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:46 PM

All replies

• Is anyone able to login to Project Pro with FBA?
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:36 PM
  • Here is a related situation.

We are testing some ipad sharepoint apps. Shareplus, Sharekami, etc. Well all of these apps fail authentication when using Claims Based Authentication configured for both NTLM and FBA. Remove the FBA configuration from the Web Application Authentication Mode and adjust the web.config file to contain only the SP Member and Role Provider and they all work. So the idea of using both NTLM and FBA to allow users to have access whether they are Windows domain users or not has failed miserably. My Active Directory is ancient so I don't think I can try AD FS.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:48 PM