How to get Explorer toolbar back? RRS feed

• Question

• When running Windows Explorer under Vista Business I noticed that all the icons I was used to in Explorer under XP are gone now. I'm talking about things like the Delete icon and the Up One Level icon. I changed my config to turn on Windows Classic folders but it didn't make a difference in that regard. How can I add toolbar icons to my Explorer toolbar?
    Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:27 PM

All replies

• Has anyone managed to work this one out yet? I dont mind the bar being gone but I really want the "UP" button back.
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 8:29 PM
  • You don't need an Up icon because you can simply click on the name of the parent directory in the address bar. In fact, you can skip two or more levels up in one click if need be. But there is still no delete button except of course on the keyboard itself.
    Thursday, November 1, 2007 9:46 PM
  • I suppose I did work that one out. The thing that I miss about the "up" button was clicking it really quickly would take you up to the root of the tree. I found you can click the ">>" arrow at the beginning of the address bar. But I find it is pretty small and clicking the "UP" button was alot quicker to get to where you want to go.

I do use the keyboard while browsing, so delete or shif delete is ok. I dont enjoy the "alt" "up" it is clumsy. Is it possible to map the "backspace" to the "up" cmmand?
    Friday, November 2, 2007 12:19 PM